What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go ahead, I dare you. Hell, I'll even pay you to drink it. ;)

That's awesome bro. I have a small can collection, mostly old, steel pull tabs, including one of those and some old Grain Belt Bock cans that my MIL found while working cleaning out houses after estate sales and repo auctions. Cool $hit there, is it full? Or did someone tap the bottom?

It's my dad's, he collects anything that doesn't move if you know what I mean. It's full, too. No real idea of the age. I took the photo when I was at my folks' in Missouri last week.

A quick search reveals that it is more than likely from the World's Fair in Knoxville, TN in 1982. I'm still down to drink it, though. :rockin:

As penance for going off topic, here's what I am currently enjoying.

165837_10151337850335813_1299043850_n.jpg

Carlsberg Elephant clone sans corns, plus honig @ 9%abc, roggeneizenbock+enebæ[email protected]%, tongue buckler, uinta dubhe, wiehenstephaner korbinian, listening to svartmetal with my daughter.
Good night for having to work at 6AM, PST.

Harvested from that Fantôme.. Then went upstairs with a liter of my Citra pale ale and the best of intentions ;)

Nice man!! Never had that one, but I've heard good things. My next harvest is gonna be the bugs from the Supplication and Consecration SF sent me. Dunno what I'm gonna do with 'em yet, but it'll be funkadelic whatever it is.

Homebrew Robust Porter. I entered this in a competition a few months ago, and it scored an 11.5 (combined!)--the worst score I have ever heard of anyone ever scoring in a BJCP competition. I can only assume that the inexperienced judges opened a bottle that was clearly infected, and being inexperienced, didn't even realize that they could or should ask for another bottle for that entry. The scoresheets were also the worst I've ever seen in terms of feedback. I mean, single sentences for some sections, and on one sheet they wrote a SINGLE WORD for one of the sections. Seriously poor judging on that flight, IMO.

Anyway, the actual beer pouring off the kegerator tastes great. I'd say a solid mid-high 30's. Could maybe use a bit more roastiness to it, which I find sort of strange because I actually modified this recipe to be more roasty than previous iterations. Perhaps the few months of sitting around untapped in a keg have made it a bit more mellow?

Also in the background of the photo, you can see the parts I just replaced a week or so ago to fix a CO2 leak that cost me a couple of refills before I finally tracked it down. It just so happened to start leaking when I swapped out a keg, so I thought it was related to that keg or the QD on there. In fact, there was a hairline crack in the pipe coupling between one of the regulators and the gauge.

ForumRunner_20121230_214940.jpg

Can't not have one of these if there's some in the fridge. Shudduppa you face, Bomber.

HPIM1729.jpg

And Odinsgift, this is for you... if you're not familiar, take a listen. I just picked up an EP of their's the other day and it's f'n phenomenal, low-fi, dark, really really nice. I believe everything's in Norwegian, which makes it that much better. :rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say nothin man! Just looking into my phone longingly, like Oliver Twist looking into the shop window at some pastries. ;)

Every morning man, I sign into HBT hoping to see a message from you wanting some Surlys and every morning, I die a little inside. Abrasive's out through Feb this season, it's really, insanely, over the top tasty.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Every morning man, I sign into HBT hoping to see a message from you wanting some Surlys and every morning, I die a little inside. Abrasive's out through Feb this season, it's really, insanely, over the top tasty.

Lol.. It's gotta happen. Even if I can't get anything you want and I just Paypal you for it it's gonna be IN MA BELLE! ;)

Can't not have one of these if there's some in the fridge. Shudduppa you face, Bomber.

And Odinsgift, this is for you... if you're not familiar, take a listen. I just picked up an EP of their's the other day and it's f'n phenomenal, low-fi, dark, really really nice. I believe everything's in Norwegian, which makes it that much better. :rockin:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQo4xF1nNCM

Love Taake, and I own it. :) Svartmetal og Øl! Some friends of mine are strict to underproduced musik, but have never worked in the recording industry, so they have little appreciation for well produced svartmetal. Check out Dråpsnatt, that's what my daughter and I have been listening to tonight, og Wodensthrone fra Belarus.

Lol.. It's gotta happen. Even if I can't get anything you want and I just Paypal you for it it's gonna be IN MA BELLE! ;)

Dude, trust me, you can get beer that I want.

Love Taake, and I own it. :) Svartmetal og Øl! Some friends of mine are strict to underproduced musik, but have never worked in the recording industry, so they have little appreciation for well produced svartmetal. Check out Dråpsnatt, that's what my daughter and I have been listening to tonight, og Wodensthrone fra Belarus.

Dude!! Dråpsnatt is beautiful music, thanks! I'll be listening to these guys all night!! Check out Oak Pantheon, more folk metal than black metal, but one of our best local acts. Very Agalloch-esque. :rockin:

Dude!! Dråpsnatt is beautiful music, thanks! I'll be listening to these guys all night!! Check out Oak Pantheon, more folk metal than black metal, but one of our best local acts. Very Agalloch-esque. :rockin:

Glag I can geek out about more than beer here!

Folk metal is more in where I enjoy, but a good Scandinavian pagan black metal band will get me back in. The amount of Dansk pagan folk/black metal bands is so small, a lot of what we listen to is Norsk.

Folk metal is more in where I enjoy, but a good Scandinavian pagan black metal band will get me back in. The amount of Dansk pagan folk/black metal bands is so small, a lot of what we listen to is Norsk.

Agreed, folk metal is where it's at, but a good true blackmetal band is hard not to like. Both are such limited genres, but the good bands are so amazing. I remember the first time I heard Agalloch, man did those guys blow my mind like 82 times. Kinda like these Dråpsnatt guys are doing tonight.

I am out of beer...28 gallons in primary and not a drop to drink. Enough to tempt me to rush a batch, but not gonna do it.

Looks like Bloody Marys tonight. I just moved a pale ale to the fridge to cold crash, so not too far away.

It's tough getting the pipeline going for a new brewer.

I am out of beer...28 gallons in primary and not a drop to drink. Enough to tempt me to rush a batch, but not gonna do it.

Looks like Bloody Marys tonight. I just moved a pale ale to the fridge to cold crash, so not too far away.

It's tough getting the pipeline going for a new brewer.

Ya know, not that I'd ever advocate rushing a batch, but there's no reason to accept the myth that is all too often spread around here that great beer takes a really long time to make. Most ales are ready to bottle/keg after a couple weeks tops. Do what ya do, as a beginner caution is always the best decision and I'd never say otherwise, but given proper ferm temps and pitch rates, ales are fast turn around beers for the most part.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Ya know, not that I'd ever advocate rushing a batch, but there's no reason to accept the myth that is all too often spread around here that great beer takes a really long time to make. Most ales are ready to bottle/keg after a couple weeks tops. Do what ya do, as a beginner caution is always the best decision and I'd never say otherwise, but given proper ferm temps and pitch rates, ales are fast turn around beers for the most part.

I moved to the cold crash as i pulled the last bottle of beer...i think it will be perfect timing, but hate running out of beer. The ale is 2.5 weeks old...pretty much ready but it needed a little dry hopping based on my samples. The commercial beer ended up being unimpressive ( henry weinhard blue boar and Redhook long hammer ipa) so it will be a nice treat when it is ready. Plan to force carb in a keg.

I moved to the cold crash as i pulled the last bottle of beer...i think it will be perfect timing, but hate running out of beer. The ale is 2.5 weeks old...pretty much ready but it needed a little dry hopping based on my samples. The commercial beer ended up being unimpressive ( henry weinhard blue boar and Redhook long hammer ipa) so it will be a nice treat when it is ready. Plan to force carb in a keg.

Sounds like you know what's up. Not far off from my pipeline, really. I find myself brewing in spurts, nothing for months, and then 15-20 gallons in a couple weeks. Some batches I push through quickly to have home brew ready to drink, others I'm lazy about and decide to finally dry hop on day 19, and a few get aged for many months before I do anything but move them off of the cake. Brew on! :mug:

I tried chugging it, but couldn't go through with it. I might could drink this whole thing if I had quite a few beers before it and wouldn't know the difference.

Get your carboy funnel and a blow off tube - it's time to beer bong Samichlaus!

I threw up in my mouth a little after I typed that. It's been 10 yrs at least since I tried one of those. That and year old Hefe is why I though German beer was awful for so long.

Back