Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is mine dead hop brewing because i am a dead head
delete91.jpg

delete9 (1).jpg

SWMBO and I are both teachers, so Chalkboard Brewing it is. It makes it easy to name beers such as Sara Cynthia Vanilla Stout and ABC ESB.

For the bottles, SWMBO used chalkboard spraypaint and wrote with chalkboard markers. All we do is write on the chalkboard area. The chalk writing stays on the bottle and doesn't really smudge. I really have to rub it off when I wash the bottle though.

label esb small.jpg

For bottle tags, I use this logo:

chalkboard brewing writing crop small.jpg

Can't wait to start kegging and getting some chalkboard tap handles.

Trident Brewing Co.
"Brew named after a trident stick, wet all over in waves, strength, and mist."

My brewing partner and I do our brewing out of Bremerton, WA which is home to the 2nd biggest ship yard in the nation (I think) only to San Deigo. A little more north is a sub-base where they house TRIDENT submarines :). Since he spent time in the NAVY and I've grown up here we went with that.

Working on a logo now, will post it in a few days once I get it from the artist. He does great work so I'm excited!

Also, any help on the motto would be helpful...lol

Lucky Brewing Company.
"Share life's fortunes"

I've had a few brew day catastrophes and every beer turned out fine. My home brewing mentor (old guy at work) told me I'm one lucky brewer. I seem to give away almost half of every batch, so that's where the "Share lifes fortunes" comes from.

Throggs Neck Brewing Co.

Grew up in the Bronx, in a neighborhood called Throggs Neck. Lived there until I moved 10 minutes north last year, but still have lots of Throggs Neck pride. And I just think it sounds good.

Throggs Neck Brewing Co.

Grew up in the Bronx, in a neighborhood called Throggs Neck. Lived their until I moved 10 minutes north last year, but still have lots of Throggs Neck pride. And I just think it sounds good.

Great to see that name in print. I grew up in CT and spent a lot of time in NY, NYC and on I-95. Been across the Throggs Neck Bridge a bunch of times! Driven down Jerome Ave. to get to the old Yankee Stadium and was swarmed by the "squigee kids" (window cleaners) countless times. Good memories. Throggs Neck is a very cool name. Now, if you can only make Mamaroneck sound good for a brewery (and get people to say it correctly)... ;) Cheers to the East Coasters!

Mad Canyon Brewing Co.

I found it on a really old map. It is the name of a Canyon that runs along one of the crazier sections of the American River in Placer County. It's also not too far from where I live.

cap top.jpg

Garnet Brewery
With my Grandson in the mix at 4 years old, we now have 7 generations of men in the family that have Garnet as middle names.

Strange Neighbor Brewing

I've pretty much lived in the same house my whole life (with a couple breaks) and my neighbors are all jacked up. I'm planning on naming my brews after all the weird crap that has happened in my 35 years here.

My barleywine is called Obeast after a crazy girl across the street. I have Pollaro's Nard Brown Ale after a weird dude that used to tell us to get our nards checked. I've got a bunch more, my neighbor hallucinates and rents his garage to a meth dealer. The strange thing is that my neighborhood is really nice and safe.

Stout Chick Brewery

Pretty self-explanatory... I like stout, and I'm a chick. :D

Hubby thought it was pretty awesome. Working on a label design as we speak.

Three Nails Brewing co.

3 nails were used to put Jesus on the cross. I am a follower of christ and I believe you can be such, and still enjoy a beer every so often. But i don't get drunk.

Great to see that name in print. I grew up in CT and spent a lot of time in NY, NYC and on I-95. Been across the Throggs Neck Bridge a bunch of times! Driven down Jerome Ave. to get to the old Yankee Stadium and was swarmed by the "squigee kids" (window cleaners) countless times. Good memories. Throggs Neck is a very cool name. Now, if you can only make Mamaroneck sound good for a brewery (and get people to say it correctly)... ;) Cheers to the East Coasters!

Awesome! Cheers indeed! Glad you dig it. How'd you end up in Ohio?

...I'm not sure there's any way to get people to say Mamaroneck correctly without saying it for them. Putting that name on a label is just asking for trouble. Haha.

Tundra Temptations - since I do mostly beer but also meads, ciders and sodas. We got alot of tundra here in AK.

I've named mine Buncha Clowns Brewing Co., as that's what my buddies and I used to call each other in college - a buncha clowns. So as a result I name all my beers after different friends of mine, and incorporate on the labels, such as below...

Jean Jacket American Amber 1 Label.jpg

Flaherty's Irish Red 1 Label.jpg

I work almost every saturday, so naturally the best day for me to brew is on sundays. We can't buy beer on sundays here in SC because of the blue laws, so I decided on Blue Law Brewing Company. Thought it had a pretty good "stick it to the man" feel to it. :D

I had to come up with a name to start to log my brews into Untappd, otherwise I hadn't thought of a name. As I'm a meteorologist, I decided on "Hook Echo Brewery. " It then needed beer names such as "Frontogenesis", "Storm Chaser", etc. :)

Arctic Bear Brewing Co.

Girlfriend has always called me a polar bear because I'm always warm no matter what the temperature.

Working on logo ideas at the moment.

Nine Frogs Brewing. Named after the frogs we rescued from the excavation of an addition on our house. The basement they were hanging out in (a very wet year) is now where most of the brewing is done. The logo represents my life as a fireman. It is nice to be married to a graphic artist who has friends to help out with the art work!

kenbeerlabelFINALmaltese.jpg

Little Ninja Brewery. A few of my friends would give each other Ninja names for do some awesome things. So sure enough I decided to use it..
My logo is a work in progress right now. If anyone has any suggestions to add.. Please feel free..

littleninja.jpg

There are some really cool names and labels here!

At first I wanted to do Bean Bag Brewing, since my dog's name is Bean and "You two should be kissing my ****ing hairy bean bag, you know?" is a quote from my favorite movie.

Then I thought of Boudicca Brews, because she kicked a bunch of Roman a$$. And she'd make a cool label. I've gotta find someone to do a drawing for me.

boudiccaredcloak.jpg

I work as a marine biologist/diver for a public aqaurium. Now that I think of it, I've been diving for a decade plus. So my brewery name is "Fish out of Water." Our beers are all sea life inspired; Barracuda Pale Ale, Hammerhead Red, Mahi Mango Hefeweizen, and Queen Angel Cider.

Still trying different ideas for a logo, as I am graphic arts challenged. Any creative people want a shot at it?

seanhagerty said:
Sean's Brewery and House of Ill Repute

I dont really have a house of ill repute, but i like the idea of owning one some day...

Lol I have a bottle of wine that is about 20 years old from the old sagebrush ranch in Nevada

How about a fish jumping from the water to bite a beer bottle?

So, do you dive in the aquarium? That sounds pretty cool.

Yep, Dive the aquarium a couple times a week. People look shocked when I explain I dive with sharks on a weekly basis. I like the idea, just getting it out to a label is my problem.:mug:

I guess shark diving is kind of unexpected in the desert :) Maybe you're at Sea Life? I have a house in Ahwatukee, but haven't been to the aquarium yet on my visits "out West". Looks pretty interesting, though.

I guess shark diving is kind of unexpected in the desert :) Maybe you're at Sea Life? I have a house in Ahwatukee, but haven't been to the aquarium yet on my visits "out West". Looks pretty interesting, though.

Sea Life is correct. Next time your out this way give me a little notice and I can give you a few beers to try out.

It is so appropriate...

after the first attempt over a few years ago (detailed somewhat elsewhere on HBT).... this eve we attempt a second time to get a decent beer. Sold off carboys and equip years ago (2007), thought about MR BEER, then quit thinking about Mr Beer (after a couple of wort samplings and hygrometer tests you are down to 1 gallon FOR HOW MUCH?) ...starting over with a new Cooper's DIY kit
(I like the fermenter...no corners to scrub out)! The Cooper's Lager will be in the spotlight tonight, with a great supporting cast: 4# Pilsen malt, 2# Wheat malt, 1 oz Hallertauer at 60 min, 1 oz Saaz last 10 minutes. I have no idea of what I am making, but it seems that the potential is there..... Will be paying closer attention this time!

I will be focusing on British Ales after I get a couple of drinkable batches brewed up. Using Fuggles hops, of course. Fuggin' Brury. And the name I first heard at a party of my youth...someone said, "You smell like a fuggin' brury!"

gnarlyhopper

I've been tossing around the name, Eco-brewery....nothing gets wasted, but you....since I try to reuse and compost everything I brew with.

I've only brewed one beer so far, but it turned out absolutely fantastic. I did a dark ale, looks like a dark amber color, medium body, and medium hops with a nutty, caramel flavor.

So far the only name I could come up with was Hoppin' Houser's (Houser is my last name). Only other one I could think of that wasn't taken was Royal Hills Hops or Royal Hills Brewing after the street I live on.

My husband has been no help with names. He has deemed himself quality control :)

The way I see it, if you like a name and you thought of it independently, and don't plan on selling or marketing your beers, then use it.

Patio Brewing Company

I am no longer allowed to brew in the house and have been banished to the patio. Leaving the boil over and mess from an extract imperial stout brew day will do that to you. At least I got my all grain set up out of the compromise and a set of pint glasses with my logo and Patio Brewing Co. on them. My slogan is "5 gallons at a time, all brewed out on the patio."

Back