Stainless Steel 1/2" Barbed Elbow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcraig

Reaction score
So, apparently there is no such thing as a Stainless Steel 1/2" NPT x 1/2" Barbed Elbow fitting. I have been searching the internet for about 3 days now and cannot find one. Basically, I need this fitting;

1-2-npt-to-3-8-barbed-90-degree-elbow-stainless.jpg

...but with a 1/2" barb (instead of 3/8").

I purchased the Bargainfittings.com cooler bulkhead kit with the optional female 1/2" hose barb for the inside fitting to connect to a false bottom. However, every false bottom I find has a 3/8" barbed elbow. I purchased the AIHB False Bottom without the fittings assuming I could put one together with a 1/2" barb. No such luck.

Looks likes I should have gone with a standard 1/2" coupler, and attached a 3/8" barb instead. The only other option I can think of is to use a 1/2" 90deg. Street elbow, and attach a 1/2" straight barb for the false bottom connection.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Excellent! Thanks so much Bryan. Just ordered this one;
90* HOSE BARB 1/2" ID X 1/2" MPT HEX BREWING 316 <HB628 | eBay

!Bz7Of+gBmk~$(KGrHqN,!hUEw43iTcrSBMYGnRcUUg~~_3.JPG

I know most use the 3/8" barbed elbow in cooler mash tuns, but I had already ordered the 1/2" female barbed elbow with my bulkhead (without the coupler) inside the MT, hopefully allowing more clearance for the false bottom, and perhaps a slightly reduced flow rate under the FB due to the larger diameter tubing.

How about a 90_deg street el?
You can force 1/2" silicone over the threads. My plan is to use them rather than barbed fittings for better flow.
You would need a nipple though.

Latest posts

Back