Recipe Suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedude123

Reaction score
I am going to make a beer for someone as a wedding present and the only beer he likes is Bud and Heineken. What do you think I should make him?

+1...any cream ale is gonna be your closest bet.

here's my recipe:

4 lbs - American 2-Row
2.5 lbs - Pilsener 2-Row
0.5 lbs - Vienna Malt
0.5 lbs - Munich Malt
1 lbs - Flaked Corn
1 lbs - Flake Wheat

0.5 oz fuggle + 0.25 oz saaz @ 60 minutes (bittering)
0.5 oz saaz @ 5 minutes (aroma)

WLP080 - Cream Ale Yeast Blend (ferment 60-65°F)

I say, go out on a limb--and make a nice Belgian Wit/ Belgian Wheat Ale. Ferment at a lower temp to keep the banana/clove and bubble gum to a low. (I like While Labs Belgian Golden Ale Yeast) It'll be a hit--it's accessible enough... and fancier than a Cream Ale for your friends' special day.

I promised a keg for a friend's birthday party, and as the day came closer, I had to decide which beer to take for someone who loves MGD. I had an Munich Helles that was lovely, an Amber that I thought was good, a Belgian that I loved dearly, and a stout that was solid.
I didn't want the Helles to get judged as MGD, and many folks don't seem to like stouts, so I took the Amber and the Belgian. The Amber was the favorite by far.

So my suggestion is to take two. Nothing wrong with more beer :mug:

Back