Who else spends too much tome at work reading home brew forums?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbrewtan

Reaction score
I spend entirely too much time on these forums! Imagine how productive I could be... Bah that's boring!

Dont tell, but I probably spend too much time here as well during the day. Though then again I tend to be more productive than my coworkers so I dont feel bad about it

I'm on here all the time whilst at work! You gotta pass time some how and filling my brain with knowledge of brewing is the best way.

How do we know this isn't a trap?

Probably responding to this thread incriminates most of us anyways ...

I get my work done and am one of the more productive members of our team, so I dont worry myself for my myrad 10min breaks here. As far as Im concerned, its just part of my work process.

Well, to be fair, I complete my tasks for the day and browse forums after or during. It's just part of my work flow as someone else said before.

<Enter Homer Simpson noticing he is being monitored by Montgomery Burns shriek noise here, then follow with frantic button pushing.>

When I am brewing I spend a lot of time between processes on forums, even got talked to about it recently.

Solution was to do it out front instead of in the brewroom where people could see it and assume I was slacking...meh whatever.

Dont tell, but I probably spend too much time here as well during the day. Though then again I tend to be more productive than my coworkers so I dont feel bad about it
Hahaha, so do you actually mean that you are just as productive as you co-workers even when you included you HBT time :D
When I am brewing I spend a lot of time between processes on forums, even got talked to about it recently.

Solution was to do it out front instead of in the brewroom where people could see it and assume I was slacking...meh whatever.

Hahaha, getting busted for reading about homebrew while brewing comercial brew :D

I know I do. However I am one of the three owners and the other 2 don't care so long as I get my stuff covered and we are running smoothly.

I run three systems while at work, a computer for real work, my tablet for HBT and my phone for the brewmaster app. I am not too busy at the moment.

I used to be on here all the time while at work, I tend to use other forums more now though, too many forum cops and having to pay to use some things kinda turned me off to HBT though.

Since you have so much extra time at work you should start a thread bashing union workers for being lazy and unproductive.

I kinda miss my old job... sitting all alone in a office, with the door closed. During my loooong down periods I'd surf the web, watch movies, listen to music, read, etc... worked one new years weekend, watched 12.5 movies that weekend at work. :p

Job security,much? Im lucky to have time to take a piss latley,not to mention a dunkle:) I do like reading my homebrewing books/recipe books during break,sometimes I come to a revelation. Or at least my next batch.

I kinda miss my old job... sitting all alone in a office, with the door closed. During my loooong down periods I'd surf the web, watch movies, listen to music, read, etc... worked one new years weekend, watched 12.5 movies that weekend at work. :p

What is it that you do?
had a freind that taught himself spanish at work. He was part of the commisioning team for a new mail sorter, his job was the night shift where all he had to do is if a motor tripped or a sensor faulted he would go out, inspect what happened (box fell off...) and then go reset the system. Happened less than once a night so he just spent the whole time reading and learning spanish. i think he then left the company and went on an OE to South America!

Hahaha, so do you actually mean that you are just as productive as you co-workers even when you included you HBT time :D

Hahaha, getting busted for reading about homebrew while brewing comercial brew :D

Actually, even with all the HBT time, I am more productive than my coworkers. They are quite lazy.

What is it that you do?

I used to work at a hospital, I'd wait for every department in the hospital to call me and ask me to call in extra personel when needed. Pretty sweet, but boring job. And stressfull as hell at times.

Hummmm. No, I can't say that I spend too much time AT WORK reading home brew forums. Nope, just can't say that!

glenn514:mug:

Work? What's that?? lolz. I'm retired,so I can afford more time on the forums. Now if I could just afford more brewing...

I do spend to much time at work reading through this forum, I can say it, I´m all by myself at work 90% of the time, my boss can´t read english I had a talk with my supervisor anyway and if I have nothing to do (winter is really slow here) I can read whatever I want. So I am actually getting paid to write and read random stuff I´m begining to really like my job.

Back