Spicy Fried Chicken Gizzards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
1 lb. chicken gizzards, trimmed of silverskin and cut into bite sized nuggets
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne to taste
vegetable oil for frying

Boil your gizzards in water, salt, and bay leaf for at least 45 minutes, up to an hour and change. Wait until your fork will actually go through the gizzards.

Drain, saving the water for stock or gravies.

Once your gizzards are dry and cool, dredge them in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. I like cayenne and just salt and pepper, but feel free to spice to your liking.

Fry until crispy in veggie oil. Move to paper towels to drain and sprinkle with sea or kosher salt. Consume hot with a lovely IPA (or scotch).

Make sure to torture SWMBO, your children, or that one yutz who thinks chicken breast is SO affordable. :mug:

Why boil them first?

I like the texture of them just fried.

we also like to serve them with a packaged Tikka sauce for dipping.

Whenever I've just fried them I get shoeleather... when I boil I get crispy outside and exploding gizzardy goodness on the inside.

I never ate these until my wife made them for me.
she boils and seasons them, but won't tell me how she does it.

Fried chicken gizzards are very good dish to eat. There are so many tasty dishes; Chicken is one of the dishes, which is liked by most of the people in the world. Hog roast is another dish, which is liked by most of the people.

Back