Taste like Bass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Well i guess I got my first complement on my first beer. Had a friend over tonight to watch the Dallas game. Asked him if he wanted a beer. Grabbed a home brew and poured it in a glass and gave it to him. First thing out of his mouth was hell yah you bought some Bass. I really don't really think it taste like Bass, but hey its better than it taste like crap. :ban: :ban: I am amazed how this beer has changed over 3 weeks. It has gotten better every time I put some in the fridge.

I'm sorry, but your beer taste like fish? You should check for infection or something, i hear that happens to women too.

Bass is great beer but is this the APA in your sig? If so, I agree, shouldn't taste like Bass.

You sure he said "bass" and not another word that rhymes with that? J/k.

Well, great job. keep it up!

More importantly, how does it taste to you?

desiderata said:
You sure he said "bass" and not another word that rhymes with that? J/k.

Well, great job. keep it up!

More importantly, how does it taste to you?

Nah he asked for more so im pretty sure he liked it. I love it, it has gotten very smooth and has a great flavor. It is lacking hop aroma but i think thats because I rushed the dry hopping. im pissed about the coloring, I didn't know about late additions when i made this batch and it came out very dark. But hey live and learn, and my next batch will be all grain so that should not be a problem any more. Actually just got the rest of my stuff in the mail today. But found out I have to come into work on Sunday so not sure when i will get my first AG under my belt. :ban: :rockin:

People who don't know any better attribute whatever non BMC beer they've ever had to any beer that doesn't taste like BMC. For example, Joe only drinks High Life because that's what the bowling alley has on special. One of his buddies pushes a Bass on him when he buys a round. Hmm, Bass tastes different than BMC. Next time he tastes any ale, he mentions how it reminds him of the last time he tasted real beer.

Back