First label attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtymartini

Reaction score
Here is my first attempt, I couldn't copy the image. I used Microsoft Publisher and couldn't figure out a way to save as a JPEG. Does anybody know of a way?

132742583-M.jpg

I'm sure there is a way but the easiest is to take a screen shot with the prt scrn key and paste into a graphics application.

Nice label.

Why's it called Fat Bastard?

orfy said:
I'm sure there is a way but the easiest is to take a screen shot with the prt scrn key and paste into a graphics application.

Nice label.

Why's it called Fat Bastard?

Fat Bastard is a character from the Austin Powers movies. Have you seen them?

orfy said:
Yes I have. I was just wondering why you named an IPA after it.
I presume just 'cause you wanted to.

You are right...no other reason than the idea popped in my head and the pale ale was ready!

Probably would be better on a stout?

Dirtymartini,

Did you use Publisher for that label? I have been using Publisher for all my labels so far and have a label that looks very similar to that. I used it for a "Fat Tire" clone called "Fat Cat Ale". I have found that if you are using Publisher that you can use an Avery label (#5164) or the Office Depot look-a-like #612-061 that looks just like a beer label.

I like the "Fat Bastard" label. Give the self-adhesive labels a try. They're much easier than using milk.

dmorris3333 said:
Dirtymartini,

Did you use Publisher for that label? I have been using Publisher for all my labels so far and have a label that looks very similar to that. I used it for a "Fat Tire" clone called "Fat Cat Ale". I have found that if you are using Publisher that you can use an Avery label (#5164) or the Office Depot look-a-like #612-061 that looks just like a beer label.

I like the "Fat Bastard" label. Give the self-adhesive labels a try. They're much easier than using milk.

Yes, I Used MS Publisher to create the label. It really didn't take that long to create. How are the self adhesive labels when it is time to remove them? The main reason I used milk was for easy removal. If the self adhesive labels come off pretty easy I might give them a try...

DM,

The self-adhesive labels come off fairly easily. Probably not as easily as using the milk method, but not bad. Usually I peel the labels off as I'm rinsing the bottle after drinking and it comes off pretty well.

Darren

Back