Bell's Hopslam Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't speak to that particular brew, but every clone brew kit I have ever bought from AHS, has been very good, and very close to the original, I would buy with confidence.

I'm not looking at a bottle of it currently, but doesn't it boast 'Beer brewed with honey'?
The kit doesn't mention any honey. Not to say that it wouldn't be a good kit, but I'd have to wonder how close it would get you.

Looks like they're using corn sugar instead of honey. Much cheaper. I would like to know how many ozs of hops are in there. If AHS had better prices on their hops I would order some more of their kits.

their prices are in-line with the majority of sites, at $3/oz. where are you buying for cheaper?

Bells Hopslam Recipe ::: Brew365 - Homebrewing Recipes and Articles

4# honey. i dont think you would get the same effect with corn sugar. hopslam is very syrupy and that must have something to do with 4# honey. I know honey is 95% fermentable, but come on, 4# in a 5gal batch? syrupy..

10.5 oz hops. ridiculous. but fun as hell to try and delicious no matter how close to the recipe..

I brewed a honey wheat with about that much honey in it, and it wasn't syrupy at all. (In fact, it was pretty horrible until it aged for a couple of years...then actually became pretty tasty. But never syrupy.)

Back