First whole sack!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowtones84

Reaction score
Yup. 55 lbs. of Weyerman's Pilsener malt. It was a little more than I was expecting but still a significant savings when compared to buying it by the pound from a HBS. I have a lot of Belgian style stuff in the works so I decided to pay a little extra instead of getting 2-row. Plus, I bought it from a local brewery that I think is very good, so I don't mind supporting them.

Anyhow, very excited! :mug:

I think I can get one more batch out of my first whole bag of brewers malt, but I have 2 unopened bags of pale malt sitting here plus 10 pounds of Maris Otter and about 60,000 pounds of unmalted wheat. Yep, about 1000 bushels that I raised on my farm and haven't been able to sell yet as the elevators have all been full.

Dang! I would buy some unmalted wheat if I were in your area. Starting a couple of lambics soon...

Dang! I would buy some unmalted wheat if I were in your area. Starting a couple of lambics soon...

Just send a big truck. Minimum amount I'm willing to sell right now would be about 250 bushels. The snow is over my knees next to the bin so it would take me half a day to move it so the truck could get in. :cross:

Latest posts

Back