Storage Temp for March Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipsah

Off the Wagon Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got my 815 mounted to my brew rig that sits outside. With winter fast approaching, would I be best served to remove the pump and store it inside. It doesn't get too cold here in MD, but I know many electrical components don't respond well to low temps. BTW, it's covered so rain/snow isn't an issue.

"Rising damp" gets under covers, and I doubt that the motor housing (or anything else behind the pump itself) is particularly rust-resistant.

I'd bring it/them in...

Cheers!

I'd bring it inside as well....even though the internal parts of the motor are varnished to prevent corrosion....i have seen quite a few that have weathered the elements come back rusting.....still working but rust none the less.
If you cant get it inside and it HAS to stay outside, then the very least i would do is give it a few drops of 3-in-1 oil....spray the outside down with a WD40 like lubricant to displace moisture...and put a bag over it and stuff a few newpapers inside the bag to absorb any humidity and seal it up....it should survive just fine that way till next spring :)

Latest posts

Back