So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometime later on the week (+/- Thursday according to my LHBS), a wet hop Imperial Red with 100% Citra (bittering and dry hopping with pellets, the rest wet hops). Then thus weekend a friend and I are doing an all-grain version of the White House Honey Ale.

Saturday I brewed a pumpkin ale based on dark and wheat malt extract. Hopped it with US goldings, and put a spoonful of pumpkin pie spice in at the end. Yesterday was an attempt at making Kreik with extracts and safale-04 versus lambic yeast. Next brew will be a chocolate cherry porter of a partial mash build.

Bottling pumpkin ale Monday! Any ideas for a thanksgiving brew that will fit well turkey dinner? I need ideas quick so I can brew and be sure it will be ready for its unveiling.

Fj3fury said:
Saturday I brewed a pumpkin ale based on dark and wheat malt extract. Hopped it with US goldings, and put a spoonful of pumpkin pie spice in at the end. Yesterday was an attempt at making Kreik with extracts and safale-04 versus lambic yeast. Next brew will be a chocolate cherry porter of a partial mash build.

How's it a kreik without lambic yeast?

I'm trying for the style... I had a brewferm kit two years ago that had dry yeast in it, so it's a close as I can get at the moment without ordering seperate yeast from NB or other brew supply.

Finally going to brew that IPA I've been wanting to brew the last few weeks. I'm shooting for an IPA that's a touch sweeter than your typical commercial.

Finally going to brew that IPA I've been wanting to brew the last few weeks. I'm shooting for an IPA that's a touch sweeter than your typical commercial.

Pretty much doing the same. I wouldn't normally brew on a Tuesday, but I got some fresh hops and I'm going to try a wet-hopped harvest IPA! Let's hope the hops are still good after 2 days.

I just started a beer that will be a Specialty/Wood-aged beer when all is said and done.

I used something new I found - HICKORY syrup. I've seen a ton of Maple syrup added beers, but thought the Hickory would be a nice , nice change. The hope was to find some hickory wood to add...but at this stage all I have are a few different light and medium toasted OAK. Was hoping for Hickory rather than Oak. Oh well.

Starting OG was 1.063. Happy with that.

I think I will get a chance to brew my Altbier either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. I've only made it once before but it was one of my best. I really want to get it in the fermenter since I can't keg anymore. I'd love to be drinking this in a month, but looks like it'll be closer to the beginning of November.

I just started a beer that will be a Specialty/Wood-aged beer when all is said and done.

I used something new I found - HICKORY syrup. I've seen a ton of Maple syrup added beers, but thought the Hickory would be a nice , nice change. The hope was to find some hickory wood to add...but at this stage all I have are a few different light and medium toasted OAK. Was hoping for Hickory rather than Oak. Oh well.

Starting OG was 1.063. Happy with that.

If you just brewed it, you have 3-4 weeks, go and find some Hickory to throw in the secondary!

Wife and I are brewing our IPA and possibly (hopefully) finally our Christmas Barleywine. OG 1.116 before adding the pumpkin pie filling!

I need to bottle more before I brew again. That and get friends to come over and drink more now that I have quite a variety. I don't drink enough to brew so often :tank: so I'm using my budgeted funds to get some new gear and supplies.

I'm brewing an AG version of one of the White House beers this weekend...was supposed to make my starter tonight, but could not...must do so tomorrow or in the morning before work!

The Barleywine sounds interesting, snaps10!

I racked my pumpkin ale to secondary, beer is really cloudy but getting better. I had 5" of pumpkin sludge in it that went into the composter. I would have liked to harvest the wlp001 in it but with so much crud in it I wasn't messing with $6 of yeast.

My extract whitehouse honey ale is still bubbling like crazy on day 5.

I brewed a CTZ/cascade IPA today, I was happy I got 83% mash efficiency from the grain, I was even able to get an extra gallon of third runnings for frozen wort starters. Who needs DME when you can nab spare sugar from the spent grain?

SWMBO was none too happy to find a swamp cooler in her walk in closet...I outgrew my beer closet!

Brewing an Urca vanilla porter this weekend and getting ready to keg a hefeweizen and bottle a milk chocolate stout on Wednesday. These are my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th batches.

I've got a Pliny the Younger and an India Brown Ale in the basement that are a week into fermenting. Lately I've been kegging after a week and then depending on the style, drinking 1-2 or more weeks later.

I've got a recipe for a "Belgian Trippel" I want to do this weekend, but can't decide if I should give the brews in the basement another week or go ahead and transfer and let them age/carb and brew the Trippel. I put the first one in quotes because it's all German Pilsner and I'm hopping it like an AIPA. Had one of those recently and loved it.

I'm thinking I need to do 2 weeks for the ones in the basement and just live with it. Sigh. I'm so anxious to get to Kyle the Younger.

Brewed a westy 12 clone and a dead guy clone with a freind today. Very busy brew day. It was my first time brewing with him, he had a pretty sweet setup and good techniques and tricks. I learned quite a lot. I fly sparged for the first time and then applied it to my mash tun. I havent run thd efficiency numbers yet but it was a cool experience.

Coopers Dark Ale: I started homebrewing when I lived in Australia. Coopers sells their basic kit and supplies at the regular grocery stores. Very basic extract kits. I've been back in the states for 8 years and am just getting going again. Made a Coopers Pale Ale last month - yummm. I've only done extracts so far. Bought a 6 gallon glass carboy to make apple wine (which turned out great) and decided to try making beer in it. What an mess. Friday night warmed a can of Coopers dark ale. Put the funnel on the carboy and started pouring - no problem until the paper -AHHH, since when did they start printing labels on paper instead of directly on the can? paper tears from being soft after heating up can in warm water. bit of paper dropped in the funnel. panic and get it out. whew. okay, pour water from the boiled kettle into the can to get the rest of the syrup. hot pad gloves and start pouring into the funnel. oh no, no air escape so sure enough it bubbles up and blows the sticky mess all over my table, floor and on anything else within two feet. blah. Thought I'd dump in some light DME. What a mess that was too. any tricks in getting that gloopy gobby mess in the carboy? my funnel was bit wet so I tried rinsing down with hot water from the kettle. Bah, you can imagine the mess that made. (note to self: add dry bits first.....while the funnel is dry. Then thought I'd dump in dextrose. Added 13 oz. (only because that's all I had left - might have gone a full pound if I could) Didn't get it mixed very well at all, ended up a mess at the bottom of the carboy. filled with water, pitched yeast and away she goes. Since it wasn't all dissolved nicely I didn't bother taking a reading. I have no idea how this is going to turn out. Quite a thick layer at the bottom but the yeast seems to be working its way through. Any ideas what % I might end up with? Coopers dark ale + two lbs muttons extra light dry malt and 13 oz of dextrose, Coopers dry yeast, topped up to six gallon mark.

Mashed 5 lbs of rice and 5 lbs of 2 row malt on tuesday at 154 degrees added some hops and boiled the wort for an hour first batch of all grain was using extract before

wvbeerme said:
Mashed 5 lbs of rice and 5 lbs of 2 row malt on tuesday at 154 degrees added some hops and boiled the wort for an hour first batch of all grain was using extract before

5lb of rice???

Just finished my first all grain. An all around american pale ale.
9 lbs 2 row us pale malt
1 lb 40L crystal malt
.5 lb flaked barley

Mashed in for 90 min at 155
Sparged with 4 gal 170 deg water
Collected 4.5 gal, topped off with 1 gal cold water to cool

Used American ale yeast with a starter.

Excited for the results.

Brewed up a centennial IPA yesterday, this morning I moved the other dogfish clone into the secondary to dry hop. Next weekend i get to bottle the lager :)

Back