Fridge door shelves removed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronstar55

Reaction score
I started cold crashing a few batches ago. I don't have room to cold crash in our fridges, so I cold crash either outside or in the garage. But when spring comes, these options are gone.

My bar fridge won't hold a carboy because the door shelves take up too much space. So I removed the plastic shelving door liner.

before.jpg

Then I cut a 4x8 plastic panel to the same size as as the shelving door panel, drilled holes in the new panel to align with ones on the door, and fastened the new plastic door panel to the door.

after.jpg

Not really a big diy project, but now I can cold crash whenever I want.

I cut my bottom shelves out with a sawz all so I could still use the upper shelves. Not pretty, but functional.

How did you remove the shelves? I'm looking at doing this to my fridge to make the taps cleaner on the inside. Wasn't sure how those shelves come out though.

i like that. looks clean, and if you so wanted you could go back and replace what was there. very nice.

How did you remove the shelves? I'm looking at doing this to my fridge to make the taps cleaner on the inside. Wasn't sure how those shelves come out though.

My shelves were a single molded piece of plastic that was screwed to the door around the the outside edge of the panel. The rubber door gasket covered the screws. I was able to slightly move the gasket to get at the screws. I didn't have to take the door off. Just fitted the gasket around my new flush panel and screwed it on.

ronstar55 said:
My shelves were a single molded piece of plastic that was screwed to the door around the the outside edge of the panel. The rubber door gasket covered the screws. I was able to slightly move the gasket to get at the screws. I didn't have to take the door off. Just fitted the gasket around my new flush panel and screwed it on.

Thank you!

Back