American

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dan-

Reaction score
I'm current thinking about brewing the following receipts:
3.3 lbs. Extra Light Malt Extract - Munton & Fison American Light, Briess Pilsen Light Extract, or Briess Gold?
2½ lb. 2 Row Pale + ½ lb. 6 Row Pale
1½ oz. Saaz + ½ oz. Saaz (finishing)

Now comes the tough part for me right now (can’t make up my mind) … should I use Saaz or Tettnanger? For extract should I go with the Munton & Fison or Briess?

For yeast I thought about Wyeast 2112.

Let me know what you think.

No thoughts? Guess I have to 'play' with something and see how it turns out... :drunk:

I was planning to use 2112 Wyeast California Lager. Have used it a couple times before and works fine at around 70 degrees. I'm more concerned about the extract and hops.

what is your target IBU and target OG??? match them to the style you are brewing and use them both. one for bittering and the other for aroma or flavoring. I dont do extract brews so I cant be much help on that end but Briess puts out a good product when it comes to grain I am sure there extracts would be just as good.
JJ

Saaz or Tettnanger? Either one or both! Depends on the style, but both are good and can compliment each other.

I used Briess Amber LME in one of the last extract brews I did and was very happy with the results. If you're doing an American style ale, I think that would be the best choice. I've used Munton's DME, but never their LME.

Back