Moving to denver good brew shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsman

Reaction score
Belleville, just across the river from St. Louis
I'm making the move from St. Louis to Denver, and was wondering if any of the locals can recommend some good brew shops. I'm going to be living in the DTC and saw that www.thebrewhut.com was within a five or 6 miles from where I will be living. Is it any good? Friendly staff? Other recommendations for shops? Thanks in advance!
Jay

People I know like the brew hut a lot.....

the store in boulder has been crappy recently, it is randomly closed on days it is supposed to be open, and as of last week had a sign saying that it was closed indefinitely. They really only have one employee (owners son), and can't seem to find someone else to cover when he has a conflict.

I live down the street from The Brew Hut and it is the store I use. They have a good selection and friendly staff. I highly recommend them.
The third Thursday of every month they have a home brew tasting at their store which is always fun to attend. I think the next one is in July.
One more neat thing. The owners of the shop also have a brew pub that is in the back of the shop. It is very small but they put out some very good beers.

What are the hours at the brew hut? I regularly travel to Denver DTC area (Crescent Pkwy and Bellview) on business and would like to check it out...if it doesn't close at 5pm every day :)

I've not been to the Brewhut but I can tell you that you need to look up RichBrewer when you get there. His beers are outstanding and I'm sure he could connect you to the local homebrew scene.

malkore said:
What are the hours at the brew hut? I regularly travel to Denver DTC area (Crescent Pkwy and Bellview) on business and would like to check it out...if it doesn't close at 5pm every day :)
They are open 10-6 Tuesday through Friday and 10-5 on Saturday.:mug:

prsman said:
Thanks for the info guys! Now what about brew clubs? I don't know anyone in the area so that would probably be a great thing to look into...
I'm not too familiar with the clubs but I'll give you the names of a couple I've heard good things about. I'm thinking about joining one myself.

http://www.foamontherange.org/

Mile High Monks ID #: 000148215
6101 S Crestview St
Littleton, CO 80120 USA
303-347-8114
[email protected]

Here's a link from Beertown.org to find more.
http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/listings.asp

Back