just put my beer in the fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
Last night I put all my bottles in the fridge I can't wait to go home to day and drink one or two. Also I found it hard to sleep to excited. It was like christmas eve except I don't get to open my gifts untell after work.

Drink the first few slowly if you can. They'll be great after a week in the fridge.

I would try to let it ago at least a week. The CO2 will dissolve back into the beer and carb a little better. Also, it will allow the yeast some time to drop out and let the flavors mellow. But, if you can't wait, enjoy the first bottle!

What style did you make? I agree with the rest, try to leave as many as you can for a few weeks.

But absolutely enjoy some tonight (and this weekend)!

Its great :)

ForumRunner_20110331_221723.jpg

I can never wait overnight. My ritual since my first batch has been carb for one week, put test bottle in for 2 hours, consume. Let it condition in the bottle for another two weeks and then I try not to be tempted and let the rest sit for 3 weeks in the fridge.

That feeling of anticipation never goes away. I have the first bottle of a vienna/centennial SMASH in the fridge awaiting my arrival home tonight. It's only been two weeks in the bottle but quality control testing is an important part of the process. :)

I guess I'm strange, then. My first brew was a brown ale. 4 weeks primary, coming up on 2 weeks bottled, still have 2 full cases (of course I did "QC" 1.5 litres leftover at the bottom of the bottling bucket, hadn't prepared he proper number of bottles...)

^^^I had about the same problem with my latest. I needed a good siphon to get as much as 6-8 12oz out of the bottom of my cooper's micro brew FV. I had to drink a few mugs. Oh darn. I'll be ready next time. (slaps head) Dang! I coulda had more!

So just got my feed back from my 6 tasters (2 bmcer, 2 import drinker, a craft beer drinker, and 1 likes just about anything except stouts and lite beer). I told them all to rate it 1-10. Both the bmcer gave it a 6 based on personal taste. The 2 imports real liked it gave it a 7.5 and a 9. And the craft drinker and mr anything both gave it an 8.

My favorite comments were given by the importers and the craft drinker was. " I knew I would like it when I opened it and the aroma hit me."

Back