Got hosed by Lowes again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
It's my own stupid fault, but I bought my elements for my HLT and BK today with all the goodies to get them wired up and ready for my control panel when I get that done. So I get my couplers ready, solder on the ring connectors and get ready to connect to the element and noticed that it was a 4500 watt, not the 5500 watt I wanted. I know I grabbed out of the right bin, and it never fails, if I don't check it, I get screwed because some ahole put them in the wrong bin!! I'll never learn.

So Lowes had nothing to do with it. Happens in every store because humans are lazy.

Yeah, I always get burned on that. Of coarse you can exchange it, but it always sucks when you think you are set to start building something...

Wait... Wait... And that is the fault of Lowes?
Would you consider it possible that some A-hole shopper put the item back onto the wrong hook?
And if so ? Is that Lowes fault?
Hmmm.. And you posted this blaming Lowes??

Think about it.
Just go back and exchange it. They will make it right.

I stated in the OP it was my fault for not double checking. Sheesh! Some of you need a few more beers! It still irritates me though. Their JOB is to put stuff on the shelf and make sure things are in the correct bin. My job is to buy said stuff.

I stated in the OP it was my fault for not double checking. Sheesh! Some of you need a few more beers! It still irritates me though. Their JOB is to put stuff on the shelf and make sure things are in the correct bin. My job is to buy said stuff.

As pointed out above, another shopper could have done that 30 seconds before you got there. When you go back see if the whole bin is filled that way....

I stated in the OP it was my fault for not double checking.

So why blame Lowe's in the title of your thread?

I'm just messing you so don't take this personally, but that's part of the problem with this world today is the lack of personal accountability.....(not being specific to your case; just sayin')

Bwahahahahahah! Another sucker burned. I love playing that game!

It's especially exciting to mix up the plumbing department. Swap all the 1/2" and 5/8" bins. WhooHoo. Good times.

Next time, I think I'll put the Blue paints in where the Reds are supposed to be.

Ever notice the cashiers at Lowes asks "Did YOU find everything You needed today".

I know it is irritating, it has happened to me several times. Problem for me is that when I return the original stuff, either they do not have the exact thing I wanted, or I end up buying another $100.00 worth of other stuff I originally did not need.

"RDWHAHB"

Salute! :mug:

OK situation resolved. I went to Lowes this morning and got the correct element, after having to track down an associate to get the correct ones out of the overhead bin. They had the 4500 watt elements in the 5500 watt bin and the 4500 watt bin. My old roommate used to work at this store and I probably know the store better than almost everyone that works there having spent countless dollars and hours in this store over the course of the last 5 years I've spent gutting and restoring a 90 year old home by myself.

I was just pissed because it never fails when I actually get a chance to work on my brew rig Murphy shows up. I called the store and had them check inventory before I went to get the elements and they said they had plenty on the shelf so the bins had been screwed up for at least a couple days. The thing that set me off was the fact that it was 9:55 when i finally got my 4 month old to stop screaming and go to sleep and get to wiring up the elements. By this time I was a couple minutes shy of being able to swap them last night.

I still maintain my love hate relationship with Lowes. They get plenty of my money so they can take a ribbing every once in a while knowing full well I'll be back to spend more money and get the occasional misplaced part back to my house. This store in particular is really bad about misplacing inventory. Anyway, fear not, I'm not flaming Lowes, just venting. In the words of my old roommate "Lowes Blows" (joking, mostly:D)

Back