How many ounces/cups equal 1lb.?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blewis1984

Reaction score
So I have no way of actually weighing my honey. Does anyone know approx. how many cups would be the equivalent of one pound?

roughly 1 1/3 cups per pound, but you'll be better off using a scale. You can get by with a cheap digital kitchen scale.

i assume honey is going into fermenter ?
if so don't worry about measuring it. just use hydrometer, way more accurate than measuring will ever be.

i assume honey is going into fermenter ?
if so don't worry about measuring it. just use hydrometer, way more accurate than measuring will ever be.

That's true, assuming you get all of the honey equally into solution, which many people may not.

Kinda similar to extract brewers getting an low OG because their malt extract isn't fully incorporated into solution...

true, tho not often that you can't get the honey into solution. unless you deliberately don't. ie step fed.

If you are going to brew, you need a scale. I got mine for my baking, but accidentally figured out that it was indispensible to my brewing. Here is the one I got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back