Mystery Item

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MgMt_Home_Brew

Reaction score
So a buddy of mine got one of those CL deals that you always read about. He got 11 cornie kegs, 1 25lb CO2 tank with regulator, 1 25lb Nitrogen tank with regulator, and some miscellaneous parts for $300. One of the parts we don't know what it is. Does anyone know what this is?

My thought was that it was some kind of aeration stone since the tip has a porous rock or something in it.

That is a spud to a regulator. It is for high pressure tanks. My guess it it came off the nitrogen setup. It is missing the nut. The nut will slide over the pipe before you screw the pipe into the regulator inlet.

That is a spud to a regulator. It is for high pressure tanks. My guess it it came off the nitrogen setup. It is missing the nut. The nut will slide over the pipe before you screw the pipe into the regulator inlet.

Oh ok, awesome thanks for the info. So this is most likely the nut.

So the spud screws into the tank with the nut on it already. Then do the threads point away from the tank to towards the regulator?

Latest posts

Back