"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I grabbed two dogs at the gas station cause I missed lunch. Since I was eating a crappy 2 for $3 I washed it down with a icehouse. Ghetto is as ghetto does my mom always used to say.

i have to eat millers hot bologna that was pickled like three years ago. I don't believe it was ever hot...

Hot summer day.....working in the garden....cold Corona or Pacifico with a lime. Almost can't be beat. Plus I can add empty bottles to my stocks. When I look at the price of empty bottles compared to a 24 pack of Pacifico at $23+tax. I'll buy my bottles filled, thank you. :tank:

As a retired blue collar worker that was fortunate enough to spend 13 years at the end of my tour of duty in middle management,I gave all I could in my nearly 31 years of service. Home brewing is a far more enjoyable adventure at this point than riding heard over 18 people on my section of the assembly line. It's also more of a rumatiz medicine for all the broken bones,torn tendens,carple tunnel,etc. Stuff like that will def come back to haunt you,pop was right. This aging thing sucks.
So I can indeed appreciate what others go through to make a decent living,& maintain this great hobby. So lets concentrate more on the psoitive aspects of why we're all here. :tank:

I have always loved Lucky Lager with the puzzles under the cap (Rebus). Lucky Lager is:

026-PF.jpg

I enjoy the following beers (which people on here say mean things about), and I don't feel guilty about it :p

-Shiner bock
-Tecate
-Labatt Blue
-Coors Lite
-Lone Star

I am pretty much a snob but I HAD to try the BL Platinum and I am a regular Blue Moon drinker if there is nothing else of the craft variety when I am at any particular establishment. If I have to drink fizzy yellow stuff it MUST be from a can; go hard or go home, lol.

SittingDuck said:
Back on topic, @mountainman: never tried pacifico. Is it basically Carona? Any good?

I never cared much for any of the BMC offerings as a youth, but Pacifico was the bomb. I didn't know at the time about brown glass and protecting beer from light, but it does kick it a notch above the other skunky green and clear glass beer such as Corona. Corona Extra in the brown 32 oz is good too.

SittingDuck said:
And your review of BL Platinum is?

Simply. It is better tasting than BL and that is only because my palate does not pickup quite the sweetness that BL has. I always pick up a sweet note that reminds my of fruity pebbles in BL. Not the same as linenkugels Sunset Wheat but a subtle hint. It is hard to explain but I prefer platinum over light.

D_Ranged_Eskimo said:
Pacifico is a tasty Medelo brand, and it's in a brown bottle!!!

It's good for a hot summer day, especially like the 100+ we get here in South Texas every summer.

South TX!!!

Ever tried Indio? Pretty good stuff.

Well by the time I PCS here from Germany I will have spent 7 years drinking AWESOME beers. I have a taste for all of them, but I also have drank most of the BMC's talked about here. I guess I am a SNOB until the good stuff is gone. My repeat offender when I dont have anything in my corny is usually Newc Brown

paid ~12 dollars at a bar for a bottle of erdinger dunkelweisse because i am in a beer desert. out of the weisse choices back home erdinger is never even a consideration compared to the rest

i peed all over the floor last nite. i remember thinking how strange it was that even though i was peeing in the right toilet, it was splashing all over. there were two of them, and i guess i picked the wrong one...

Couldn't keep up my pipeline,so I've been getting cheap lager to tide us over till I can get it going again when this batch is ready next month. Got another batch to brew tomorrow. That one should be in bottles for a week when this one's ready for fridge time. Just can't seem to keep it going being retired.

It's embarrassing to even admit it on an online forum, but from time to time when I see it at the grocery store I'll grab a Bud Light Chelada. That's the one that has Clamato premixed in it. For some reason that thing really hits the spot, though even my BMC drinking friends hate it.

spearko520 said:
i peed all over the floor last nite. i remember thinking how strange it was that even though i was peeing in the right toilet, it was splashing all over. there were two of them, and i guess i picked the wrong one...

Wow, that came outta nowhere

When I was younger, I'd go outdoors to take a leak when I was or had been drinking, no matter what, for just that reason. I'd never throw up if I had to in the house either.

When brewing in my garage I love peeing outside, especially when I am drinking during a brew session. It is about the same walking distance between outside and bathroom, but I prefer outside. This is one of those guilty pleasures that is proly male only. Also I haven't peed on a floor since I was an undergrad, if you can't hit a toilet go outside.

Fruits have seeds in them, and seeds are grains.

With following the principle of if A=B and B=C, then A must = C.

Fruits are grains, so no adjuncts I can see here.

Now the real question to answer is why the German puriest brewers haven't figured this simple logic out. They've had 5 centuries to figure this out. What idiots!

South TX!!!

Ever tried Indio? Pretty good stuff.

Never had Indio before!!!

I've been hooked on german lagers and belgian wits lately with this goofy weather we've been having here. 40-50 degress with rain half the week. 70-80 degrees, 90% humidity the other half. Gotta love SATX...

We've been dragging our heals a bit on getting her next batch going. finally got the BK on the stove to boil 3G of water 15 minutes ago. Batch two of Summer Shandy is on it's way! Gunna use 2 less packets of the Trulemon this time,so hops stand out more,rather than like lemon blossom tea or something. Some bottles also got a bit orange,others stayed the right lighter color?...

mikeysab said:
Where can I find malted fruit seeds?

I know of a member on another forum that malts his own fruit seeds. He also makes custom firearms and is a full time law officer. And an astronaut as well.

Fruits have seeds in them, and seeds are grains.

Ah, not quite. Grains are seeds but not all seeds are grains.

All cereal grains (barley, wheat, rye, corn, rice, oats, etc) are descended from wild grasses that were cultivated early on in human history for their nutritive properties.

EDIT: Never mind, I just got the context of your post.

The seed malting process is a difficult one. You need uranium from iranian terrorists to produce 1.21 jigawatts with a flux capacitor. Most malting companies don't have the equipment to do this

The seed malting process is a difficult one. You need uranium from iranian terrorists to produce 1.21 jigawatts with a flux capacitor. Most malting companies don't have the equipment to do this

It also requires a machine that can create centrifugal force and spin at at a speed of 88 miles per hour.

Airborneguy said:
Did he malt the seeds in space?

Yes, and he also brews them there as there are no germs to contaminate. If you don't do the same you are a straight *****.

This thread has become my guiltiest pleasure! I don't want to lose this feeling! I wonder who got banned..

Back