FG for Brandon O's Graff???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Graf finished at .1012. What temperature are you fermenting at? Are you swirling it at all? I like to give my carboys a swirl every day or so. Might not actually do anything, but I like to bring more yeast into suspension. It all drops out again anyways. I also like to bump my temperature a couple degrees up for the last couple days. Seems to squeeze a few more gravity points.

I'm a new brewer and have tried a Brandon O's Graff. Everything per recipe and OG was right on. Used Recommended Yeast. Started fermenting with 12 hours and was good steady bubble on air lock. Been fermenting for 25 days and seem to stop fermenting 10 days ago but all krausen has not feel back into graff. Should all krausen fall back into graff? Should I just take FG and bottle if SG correct?

Thanks for any help to new brewer!!!

Mine finished at around 1.008 and I do not recommend letting it go that low. Mine isn't bottled yet but my sample tasted terrible. It was extremely tart and tasteless. I would try to stop it earlier if you could thought you could back sweeten which is what I plan on doing.

VoDown,

What did you get for a FG? Have you tasted any yet?
Mine went from 1.062 to 1.010 after two weeks at 68F.
I'm sure yours will be drinkable just won't have as much booze,
some on the Graf thread complained theirs was too dry and not sweet enough finishing around 1.004-1.010.
I'm wondering if the sugars left in yours are mainly from the wort or cider though?

I'm not sure it matters all that much since you are steeping grains and not converting starches, but do you recall if you steeped at around 150º-155ºF? Your OG looks pretty typical to me, so not sure why it's not finishing off a little more. There's more than enough simple sugar in there from the AJ to get it down below 1.010.

Since it appears from your post that it's only been three days in primary (or did I read that incorrectly) I would let it ride for another week and check gravity again. I bet it's still moving along.

swb4u said:
I'm a new brewer and have tried a Brandon O's Graff. Everything per recipe and OG was right on. Used Recommended Yeast. Started fermenting with 12 hours and was good steady bubble on air lock. Been fermenting for 25 days and seem to stop fermenting 10 days ago but all krausen has not feel back into graff. Should all krausen fall back into graff? Should I just take FG and bottle if SG correct?

Thanks for any help to new brewer!!!

Yes, check gravity and bottle.

My numbers were 1.064 with a fg of 1.008, with a fermentation temp of 61*. I let mine go for two weeks in the primary and then ended up cold crashing, racking to secondary because I needed the bucket for a belgian wit. Should be tapping the keg today.

Back