Rainbow RootBeer Extract not using yeast, help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquid134

Reaction score
im looking to make a batch of the Rainbow Rootbeer extract. My only problem, is that the recipes that come with it (as well as from what ive seen online) are factoring using yeast (i will be force carbing in a keg)

does the reciepe change at all? i would assume that the sugar would be lower as i wouldnt have yeast to use any of it.

ive seen some with brown sugar and white sugar. just trying to make a good first batch!

For non-fermented beverages, I always use about 1 lb of sugar (2 cups, same as kool-aid) per gallon as a rule of thumb. Some sodas work better with a little less and some taste great with a little more.

Rule of thumb 1 tbs of extract per gallon. I use Splenda about 1.5 cups per gallon. Basically make it taste a little too sweet, just a bit, chill & force carb. I often add a bit of vanilla, I'd also use the white sugar, it's all preference.

Back