Neat fact about white labs vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BetterSense

Reaction score
You know the plastic vials White Labs yeast comes in? Those are un-molded 2-liter bottles. I know because I used to haul them for Plasti-Pak. That's what 2-liter bottles look like before they are blow-molded. I must have hauled millions.

There's no real point to this, but next time you handle a white labs vial, think of it as a proto-2-liter.

Another neat fact:

White Labs vials (or just the labels, even) can be traded in for free stuff. 10 will get you another free vial of yeast, for instance.

Another neat fact:

White Labs vials (or just the labels, even) can be traded in for free stuff. 10 will get you another free vial of yeast, for instance.
is that really true? is it through white labs or your LHBS?

Another neat fact:

awww yeah...I'll never have to buy yeast again :ban:

DoubleAught said:
awww yeah...I'll never have to buy yeast again :ban:

Befriend a local brewery or brewpub. They started as homebrewers also and will likely help out a fella. Make it easy for them and have your own 1.5" sanitary to hose barb with clamp and gasket. Bring it in soaking in sani. Be prepared to stay for a pint and kiss some arse while you are there. Make sure they know you are coming and are willing, most importantly.

I had an equipment manufacturer who made trimming machinery for Plastipak. They had craploads of those preforms all over. There's another company in town that molds these preforms as well...cool.

emjay said:
Another neat fact:

Nice, i have a few of those layin around. Free fresh yeast ill take it

Back