mr beer and cooper merge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like the mr. beer products but there expenisve. i can make a five gallon batch cheaper than there two gallon refills. i have done all the mr. beer kits and only like the oktoberfest. Now i do all grain 2 gallon batches in my mr beer fermator. We will see what happens.

I heard that Coopers will be making all the refills now and they will no longer have the Booster. I think this will result in a better end product, but I personally quickly moved away from their refills because they are overpriced.

I heard that Coopers will be making all the refills now and they will no longer have the Booster. I think this will result in a better end product, but I personally quickly moved away from their refills because they are overpriced.

Me too!! That is what started me down this avenue of AG brewing.:mug:

Me too!! That is what started me down this avenue of AG brewing.:mug:

Yeah, my wife bought me a Mr Beer kit for Christmas and after four batches I jumped to 5 gallon, AG batches. It was a great starting point, but my beer is much better now. :tank:

I can't imagine the booster will disappear.
Coopers currently sells 2 versions of booster (enhancer 1 and 2). Why wouldn't they want to sell more of their product because the recipes are scaled to a 2 gallon fermentor?

I can't imagine the booster will disappear.
Coopers currently sells 2 versions of booster (enhancer 1 and 2). Why wouldn't they want to sell more of their product because the recipes are scaled to a 2 gallon fermentor?

That was information posted on a Mr Beer Forum by a Mr Beer rep. They stated the new kits would include more malt and not need sugar or Boosters. I do see why from a business standpoint the Booster makes sense and I still used them when I brewed their kits on top of adding a lb of DME. I still use my Mr Beer LBK, it has a batch of Apfelwein in it now.

I heard about this a few weeks ago...Well this effects different people differently. My LHBS, as an example, is going to have its selections of LME slashed. While I do not use TONS of LME it sucks for them because they sold a lot of the Cooper's kits to people just starting out.

The way I understand this is that Mr.Beer is like a mini-franchise, This is why my LHBS does not carry them. The profit margin is low and they dictate the prices. Also it does not go through the standard distributor for supplies but a specialized one.

I have also heard that Munton's is going under or is having some other sort of issues.

This means I will ONLY have Breiss unhopped LME and the LHBS is going to have to find something else to fill a massive section of shelf space. So from a "support your local LHBS" stand point, this is a BAD thing.

Please remember I am trying my best to repeat what a very fast convo was about so I use this info as loose information and not hard facts.

Latest posts

Back