New Keezer/Kegerator Build Completed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reeg68bird

Reaction score
Thought I would post some picts of my keezer. The inspiration came from the Jester and Lilrascal build threads. I checked out a lot of photos before building mine so I will add a few photos to the collection for other people to use if they want.
It is built around a 7.2 cu ft Sunbeam I bought at Menards for 180 bucks. I am running a computer fan into the coffin, works well. Thanks to everyone on this forum for posting pictures and adding opinions. This forum has helped me to brew some good beer by learning from everyone's experience. Thanks!

Keezer 2.jpg

Keezer 4.jpg

Keezer 1.jpg

Keezer 3.jpg

Keezer.jpg

Thanks! I just used Watco brushing lacquer. Started with Gloss and it looked good but I was worried about little scratches showing up so I steel wooled and waxed it. Hides the flaws!

I really like the setup. Do you mind sharing some dimensions on your coffin? I'm about to start on my coffin and am looking at how big to make it. Thanks for any input.

Hey, no problem. Give me a day and I will get it done. I'll get a picture of the back too if you want. That took me a while to figure out what I wanted there, inside the coffin could be cleaner but the computer fan gets good air movement despite the cluster in there.

Thanks, it is probably one of my favorite things I ever built but that could be because it dispenses homebrew....
The top is distressed copper for Color Copper. It is what Lilrascal used on his keezer. It is unique. There was a bar in town that had a copper bar top and I thought that was the coolest thing ever so this build gave me a chance to use copper. I wish it were a little brighter and more obviously copper but the black blends in with the tap handles and base so it is what it is.

As requested here are some dimensions of the coffin. Also including pictures of the hinged rear access. The two switches are for the light and the fan. Then the little knob below that is a potentiometer that allows me to slow the fan down. Not sure that was necessary as I have not turned it down in a while. It is not as loud as I was expecting. If I missed something just ask. This hobby of brewing would not be near as developed if people would not share ideas and experiences.

Keezer (1).jpg

Keezer (2).jpg

Keezer (4).jpg

Keezer (3).jpg

Thanks for posting this. For some reason, I'm getting an error with the pictures. I see the thumbnails but can't make them larger. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks for posting this. For some reason, I'm getting an error with the pictures. I see the thumbnails but can't make them larger. Anyone else getting this?

I think the larger pictures are illegal in Kentucky.:D Are you logged in? That happens to me sometimes if I am not actually logged in. Never understood why that should make any difference.

Really, really nice. It's looks fantastic and I love the angulations on the coffin box. The copper is a cool touch as well. Good thinking on going straight to 4 taps. Mine is build with a 7 cu.ft. GE that holds 4 kegs and the CO2 tank on the floor as well. I thought that 3 taps would be fine and I could have a "keg in waiting" carbing up with the second regulator. Now I'm adding a 4th tap, because I find myself opening the thing up and switching beer lines around to "sample" the keg in waiting. What a PITA! I have to re- knife a cedar log trim piece and re-drill for 4 taps. :( I really wish I would have listened to everyone that told me to just start with 4....would have saved a lot of work. Welcome to the coffin keezer club.....enjoy! :mug:

Back