Where would you go?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackForestBrewery

Reaction score
If you could travel anywhere, to any event, all costs covered (you travel for free), where would you go and why?

I'd like to go to the 2011 Oktoberfest in Munich/München Germany. I have family in Bavaria/Bayern but I have not been able to afford a trip back in a few years. I'd love to hang out, drink a TON of beer, and spend time with the family. If I could get time off of work, and didn't have to worry about the funds, I'd go and hangout for a few months.

i'd go back where i'm "from" i'd love to check out where my family came from, just never had the opportunity or the cash to do it.

There are too many places to list, but Oktoberfest is definitely in my top ten.

If we're talking pie-in-the-sky day dreaming, I'd wanna take a couple of months off and travel across the globe, hitting at least one destination in every continent.

Too many places to pick just one. I'd definitely like to hit up the British Isles, maybe see some architecture in Europe, some tropical islands, and Carmen San Diego. I never did find out where in the world that place was!

Too many places to pick just one. I'd definitely like to hit up the British Isles, maybe see some architecture in Europe, some tropical islands, and Carmen San Diego. I never did find out where in the world that place was!

I agree! I have been lucky enough to go to some of the places others dream about (Paris, Oktoberfest in Munich when I lived in Germany, tropical islands, Alaska, etc) but I still have so many on my list!

Right now, I'd pick Portugal or Thailand if I had to make a choice at this moment. Portugal for winetasting, and Thailand for the culture and beaches.

There are very few places I would not want to visit. I've already done most of Western and Eastern Europe, though not much else - though I wouldn't mind moving back to Europe and seeing it all over again.

Japan and China, always wanted to go. I have an affinity for their cultures.

Back