My SNPA's keep tasting like hoppy budwiser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
:(

They don't taste bad just lack of taste. I usually end up dumping some fruit flavor in there and everyone loves it.

I followed two different SNPAs that were close to each other and the both tasted exactly the same.

:(

They don't taste bad just lack of taste. I usually end up dumping some fruit flavor in there and everyone loves it.

I followed two different SNPAs that were close to each other and the both tasted exactly the same.

What were the recipes, and what kind of water are you using?

snpa.jpg

The other recipe was the same for the most part besides it used less grains.

That doesn't look like a bad recipe, except it looks like it's all base grains. No crystal malt, or anything in it to make it "interesting". Just base grains and malto dextrine.

Did it taste hoppy, but without much other flavor? If so, I suspect you'll just want a better recipe.

Try something like this:
6.5 pound extract
.5 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)
.5 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM)
1.00 oz Pearle 60 min
1.00 oz Cascade 10 min
.50 oz Cascade 5 min
American Yeast

Believe it or not, the crystal malt makes a huge difference! A pound of crystal (total, including the carapils) makes a beer have some flavor that just isn't there without any grains.

Back