And We Call it 'Cletus the Fetus'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Just got back from the first OB/GYN intro visit. Looks like we're about 11 weeks officially. We've "known" for a little while now, but it's something else to have the OB/GYN confirm it. And looks like @ 10-11 weeks is when it goes from 'embryo' to 'fetus', so...I guess I can tell people now.

Whooooo! We're having a baby!!!!!!! :ban::ban::ban:

Congrats.

The world needs more midgets with attitudes. Mine will be joining the ranks on January 5th. The countdown begins.

Wow, GMB, that's coming up quick. We're due June 27th, but I know it'll go long because July is the month...so many July babies in my family.

Wow, GMB, that's coming up quick. We're due June 27th, but I know it'll go long because July is the month...so many July babies in my family.

Yeah. 2 in diapers. It's gonna be a "hoot".

I am looking to set a lunch date with Dr Snip. Turns out our lovely catholic founded hospital won't "allow" selective tubal ligation. WTF.

Whew, yeah...this is our first.

Why won't they "allow" it? Because it foils jebus' plans for the old "clown car vag"?

Congrats! Seems like a lot of baby making is happening on this forum lately.

Congrats! Seems like a lot of baby making is happening on this forum lately.

That it does.

My one "fear" is that her father is an identical twin and her sisters are fraternal twins, so...we might get more than we bargained for. :cross:

Evan!, that's awesome. Congrats to you both. I'm happy for you.

I'm actually kind of partial to the name Cletus now. You've got to make a big oaked beer named "Cletus" to be enjoyed next year. How about a nice oaked IPA?

Congrats Mi Amigo!!!!!

Blessings on your inmpending!

gumcigarboy2.jpg

Evan!, that's awesome. Congrats to you both. I'm happy for you.

I'm actually kind of partial to the name Cletus now. You've got to make a big oaked beer named "Cletus" to be enjoyed next year. How about a nice oaked IPA?

That's a fantastic idea! Even an oaked IIPA...special edition of Hop Beatdown. :D

Huh? No, wifey's dad and her sisters are twins, so it runs in the family apparently. There's only one Evan!
Oh, thank God. I was getting nervous there for a moment.:)

No worries. My wife has twin sisters. I have two girls two years apart. Then again, if your boys swim as well as you vent you might get sextuplets.:D

Congrats Evan! !. It's an exciting thing. Watch out, it goes fast! i know you've probably heard that 50 times already and will here it 5000 more between now and tomorrow when it's born! Or at least thats what it'll seem like. Month 0-3 seemed like forever, then he was born, holy crap! Congrats again, It's a great thing. Make sure you watch the birth. There's nothing more spectacular.

Whew, yeah...this is our first.

Why won't they "allow" it? Because it foils jebus' plans for the old "clown car vag"?

Yup. Only permitted if it is necessary to protect the mothers health. We tried to explain that if she gets pregnant again she'll lose her mind but, they won;t budge.

Yup. Only permitted if it is necessary to protect the mothers health. We tried to explain that if she gets pregnant again she'll lose her mind but, they won;t budge.

Just tell them if she gets' preggers again you'll kill her!

Evan! - Gotta throw out the same thing I throw out on all these new preggo threads popping up. Look into Baby Wise! A great balance between demand feeding, Time feeding and a realistic feeding that got our baby on schedule fast and sleeping through the night (8 hours) in 7 weeks! Also worked for my niece. It's an easy read book and I couldn't be happier with the schedule we are on from using the methods.:mug:

That's a fantastic idea! Even an oaked IIPA...special edition of Hop Beatdown. :D

Upon the announcement of my up and coming I made a small batch mead. One vanilla and One apricot. A gallon each which came to 9 bottles.

Of that 9, I dug a 2 deep holes behind the shed and buried 4 of each wrapped in plastic, placed in gutted tackle boxes, and then marked the locations with some tall, heavy stones.

My plan is to dig each up when my boys come to age. By then, one set will be nearly 16 years old and the other 18 years.

I expect they should hold up. Only problem is, if we ever sell the house. HA.

I work for a Catholic health care organization. Doctors also cannot prescribe birth control or perform the " 'Ol V snip ". Not beginning a debate here..just stating the facts.

I have co-workers that get around it with doctors assistance. "Skin Issues", "Regulatory Issues", etc.

Great news Evan!

Pregnancy is like God's cruel joke, the bewbs get bigger, but you're not allowed to touch 'em.

At first I thought this was an obscure name for new beer of yours.

Congrats, Evan!(!):rockin:

Parenthood is awesome. The only thing, is you might not be able to ferment at full brew house capacity for quite some time once the little bugger crawls out!:eek:

My Mother has a twin Brother and my Father in Law has a twin Brother. But god thank we got one. My hats off to those with twins or more.

Congrats Evan.

One word of unnecessary advise. Set up a education account for Cletus with an online broker tomorrow. Everytime you brew a batch of beer or go skiing or whatever you do for "yourself" throw $20 buck in the account. Just make it a part of the cost of doing your thing and it won't hurt. You won't believe how fast the time goes by. A little forthought goes a real long way, especially with compounded intrest.

The first thing I insisted my daughter do when she got a real job after graduating college was set herself up a Roth IRA. "Just put in $50 a month now. Trust me, you'll be glad you did."

PTN

Congrats, bro!

Nothin' wrong with havin' a little girl. Believe me, I know!

You have no idea how much your life is about to change... <insert evil laugh here>

Latest posts

Back