Need your water/beer/law info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeerHippie

Reaction score
I know this is an unusual request, but please bear with me. I am in a Water Law Seminar in law school and I am planning on writing my final paper on water use and rights in the brewing industry. This seems like a good place to probe some tuned-in brains for info.

I am going to need to analyze all aspects of this relationship. I need info on macro and microbreweries, water requirements on a commercial scale (both quantity and quality), water pollution coming out of breweries, treatment techniques, conflicts on water rights for breweries, any legislation relating to water and breweries, etc. The paper has to focus on Eastern US water law, so eastern-centric info is best, but any info is of value. If anyone knows any books, websites, publications, etc. that may be of use, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks in advance if you can help me out :)

+1 on probrewer.com

but I would be interested in reading your paper and findings
(amongst my other job duties, I prepare EIR's/EIS's and it would be interesting to read what some of the impacts are from breweries)

Back