So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im brewing a Honey Wheat Herb Ale in the morning, a toast to the brew your making, is a good excuse to have a home brew for breakfast, Yea! :ban:

Cheers :mug:

Doing a black IPA, in honor of Greg Noonan, father of the style and brewer of Black Watch IPA at the VPB in Burlington VT. His was my first taste of this style, so it is only fitting to brew a Black IPA in his honor!

My wife bought me a "Kit-of-the-Month Club" for Christmas and I have a Porter that my she wants to wrap and put under the tree. She may be wrapping the empty box...

Just started mashing a hopbursted APA - cascades and summits. It's been 3 months since I've brewed and I was starting to get the shakes!

Just started mashing a hopbursted APA - cascades and summits. It's been 3 months since I've brewed and I was starting to get the shakes!

I don't know how you made it 3 months, I've been unable to drink for about 10 days and I was about ready to make career-ending decisions! lol

Brewing up an Oatmeal Stout. First stout I've made, so I'm excited. Got my starter going yesterday (~1.2L). I'm worried about the mash because my false bottom got clogged at the end of my second sparge on my last batch.

Got my FV cleaned & dried & the grain bags & yeast out of the fridge to warm a lil. Gunna brew up a pm version of my Sunset Gold APA with NZ hops.

I just got the grains wet for my first California Common. Also, I racked my White House Honey Ale to secondary just now. The hydrometer sample was incredible, so I'm pretty excited about that one.

Just pitched the yeast on a Honey Blonde Ale infused with a herbal cranberry tea. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I'm doing a Cream Ale extract this weekend, but SWMBO says I have to wait until Monday. I did bottle my Saison and rack my Caribou Slobber, though.

Looking forward to January; planning my first AG.

Chilling an all Belma hopped IIPA. 5 oz of late additions + 2.5 in the hop rocket. To be dry-hopped with a few oz also. There will be no question as to the flavor/aroma profile for this new hop very soon.

Thinking about brewing either an American Barleywine or a Dark American Lager. I really want to brew the barleywine, but even though I know it's coming and even though I know it's not a reflection of the quality of the wort, 65% efficiency still looks depressing. I know I'm being silly, but it is what it is.

Doing Smoke on the Porter. A lightly smoked porter. Mash is going right now, so is the smoker with a nice pork butt for some pulled pork action alter on today.

Heating up strike water right now for a 10 gallon batch of Oatmeal Stout, 5 gallons will be kegged with oak cubes that have been soaking in Bulleit for 6 months and the other 5 gallons is getting soured with Roselare and a potpourri of sour dregs.

Yoopers Dead Guy brewed yesterday. Hit my mash temp, final volume and OG perfectly. It is fermeting like a madman.

Brewing Yoopers oatmeal!

image-1353100984.jpg

Waiting on my Founders Breakfast Stout clone to hit boil ... been too distracted with the brew today and it is taking entirely too long! On the plus side, I did get another 5 gallon batch of Tempranillo cabernet in the fermenter earlier.

Brewed up a witbier mini-mash today, and switched my IIPA over to secondary.

I'm sure this is said a lot, but the thing I hate most about brewing is the damn WAIT until I can drink it. But I guess if it were as easy as Kool-Aid, it wouldn't be much of a hobby/passion.

Just made a 2l starter for my West Coast IPA. Reusing harvested yeast from Bell's. Brewing tomorrow.

Just put an Oatmeal Stout in the primary. Added a little espresso to kick it up a notch. This is my first brew day re-pitching yeast. Hope it turns out as good as it smelled on the stove...

Making a starter on Tuesday for a lager I'm brewing on Saturday. I just kegged a Bohemian dunkle, my Ufleku clone recipe.. Tasted pretty good. I can't wait to tap that baby in a month or two...

I know it's not the weekend but, I took the day off and i'm enjoying a double brew day. I'm starting with a Calypso, Maris Otter Smash, and then brewing my favorite porter recipe. The best way I can think of ending a long weekend.

Latest posts

Back