Home Brewing for Beginners Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokerface00

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I bought the rights to a home brewing ebook and was going to post it here but it's too large a file. I copied it and posted it as a guide on my site thats found in my sig. Look at the top left corner where it says Home Brewing Guide. I divided it up into it's respective chapters to make it easier. Best $5 I've spent lol.

Indianhead_Brewer said:
Looks like a really watered down version of How To Brew which also happens to be free (http://howtobrew.com/). Maybe that $5 would have been better spent on a 12 pack of BMC.

+1 that money is better spent on beer.(1/2 a good 6 pack not bmc)

Are you sure you have permission to re-post the ebook?

If he did in fact purchase the rights to the ebook (also it would depend on what rights, really), then he probably does. If I'm not mistaken, it would be worldwide electronic rights, or something to that effect. Also, the contract would state whether or not (and when) rights revert back to the author, if at all.

Although, admittedly, it does seem strange any author would sell the rights to his book for five bucks. I'm not saying he didn't, just saying (as a writer) I wouldn't! :p

Oh, also, to pokerface, your generosity is appreciated. Thanks for posting this!

Give Pokerface00 a break, he was trying to do something nice for the community!

Absolutely, and welcome Pokerface00.

However the owner of the book he bought probably wouldn't see it as so nice. I would hope it goes without saying but when you buy an ebook for 5 dollars you didn't buy out the rights to distribute it.

Absolutely, and welcome Pokerface00.

However the owner of the book he bought probably wouldn't see it as so nice. I would hope it goes without saying but when you buy an ebook for 5 dollars you didn't buy out the rights to distribute it.

I sincerely hope this is not the case. For now I'll remain hopeful that pokerface did in fact purchase the rights, and not just the ebook from Amazon or a similar book seller.

Hi guys, I actually have full permissions to edit, publish, give away, resell or basically whatever I like. I bought it directly from the author. I believe he used to give it away to build a list of contact info on people. Either way I figure it might help someone out there and if not it'll help my lack of content for my beer social site. More content = more ad revenue = more beer for me :D

pokerface00 said:
Hi guys, I actually have full permissions to edit, publish, give away, resell or basically whatever I like. I bought it directly from the author. I believe he used to give it away to build a list of contact info on people. Either way I figure it might help someone out there and if not it'll help my lack of content for my beer social site. More content = more ad revenue = more beer for me :D

What's your beer site?

I tried to take a look at what you have but all I could see was members. The drop down menu at the top right didn't do anything.

Absolute waste, content cribbed from other places. As the OP mentioned, looking for ad traffic to buy himself beer.

Back