Saint Arnold's Pumpkinator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkapottomous

Reaction score
Saw they released it yesterday and all the Spec's in Houston were sold out before the end of the business day. I looked all around town and NOBODY knew what the hell I was talking about when asking for this beer, until I got to a certain liquor store.

After asking the guy if there was a limit and having him look at me crossways like I was purple, I grabbed four.

Drinking one now. It tastes exactly like you think it would. A good, standard Imperial Stout flavor with pumpkin thrown in there. Delicious!

Highly recommended!

I scored two bottles at the specs at Jones and 290. I couldn't force myself to finish the first one. Needs some time to mellow that "imperial" flavor imo

I scored two bottles at the specs at Jones and 290. I couldn't force myself to finish the first one. Needs some time to mellow that "imperial" flavor imo

Yeah I got lucky. Apparently living in a college town has its perks. None of the other college kids are willing to spend seven bucks on a bomber when they can get 30 beers for twenty bucks down at walmart. :mug:

Bought this the other day here at Matherne's grocery store in Baton Rouge. Absolutely fantastic...my SWMBO even loved it too!

$7.99 a bottle though is a bit steep.

Time to clone this sucker

My buddy called me the other day and said it was awesome. The flying saucer has it on tap; will have to hit this up tomorrow.

Guess I should consider myself lucky to have picked up a bomber! I thought it was good, but not great. It's VERY rich and heavy on the spices. I didn't get much pumpkin through the roasted notes, malt, and spices. However, I did enjoy it overall. If you get one, share it with a friend or two.

I ended up buying three bottles of this. It looks like San Antonio got a big shipment through the high end liquor and HEB stores. Hell, even a Shell nearby got a couple of cases it.

I'm with you Yuri, not a lot of pumpkin flavor but more of the pumpkin spice. I liked it, but then again, the only other pumpkin beer that's worth while commericially down here is Dogfish Head's Punk.

I thought it taste good. Leaned a little toward spicy but very drinkable. Off topic: The Santo is reallllly nice.

i have 11 bottles total... 6 are in my conditioning room and will be saved until this time next year because in my experience they become much better with age. the other 5 are in the fridge right now and will get drank over the next week or two.
specs had a 2 bottle limit and the guys working there seemed annoyed when people would even ask for the stuff... almost as if they felt that they deserved it and nobody should be allowed to buy it.
HEB had no bottle limit so i bought all 9 that they had on the shelf.

Back