brew hut green light ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
Well I just an email from SWMBO . Seems a few bottles of frozen water fell out of the freezer that I use in the swamp cooler. And I quote

"You need to find an alternative way to cool your beer. I know you enjoy doing it but it shouldn't create such an upheaval for everyone. I think it is time for you to build a shed of sorts to store and manage this little hobby of yours"

This email has been saved, printed and emailed to my personal yahoo account. No way she can say i never said that...

thinking something small 20x20 would work .. Has to have running hot and cold water ,sink 100 amp service. Let the plans begin.... :ban::rockin::ban:

ohohoh a walk would be nice ....

after 28 years I can effectively block out my wifes voice. I can do it without even thinking about it, till she smacks me upside the head and say's get your hearing looked at.

This hobby is cheap compared to my others. And she knows where I am so she don't complain that much. And she likes some of my beers.

:D Seems like you can hear her just fine when she tells you to spend money!! :mug:

Well I just an email from SWMBO . Seems a few bottles of frozen water fell out of the freezer that I use in the swamp cooler. And I quote

"You need to find an alternative way to cool your beer. I know you enjoy doing it but it shouldn't create such an upheaval for everyone. I think it is time for you to build a shed of sorts to store and manage this little hobby of yours"

This email has been saved, printed and emailed to my personal yahoo account. No way she can say i never said that...

thinking something small 20x20 would work .. Has to have running hot and cold water ,sink 100 amp service. Let the plans begin.... :ban::rockin::ban:

:rockin:Hells to the yeah!!!:rockin:

Just don't seem too excited about it. Make sure she believes you are doing her a favor

Just don't seem too excited about it. Make sure she believes you are doing her a favor

+1

Just grumble about how much of a pain it will be to build it so you can keep your hobby. Don't let her catch you smiling once during the process.

And by all means thank her when you're done by saying how smart she was for suggesting it....

Had a wife like that once....She now makes someone else's life miserable...
I wised up when I met my present wife. I took her home and showed her my
ham shack, I said this is part of who I am. Then I took her to the airport and showed her my airplane. I told her this is part of who I am.
I have had the best 16 years of my life with this woman.
I gladly support her hobby in return...

thinking something small 20x20 would work ..

OK, don't relax yet, its a trap! :(
Fight it. Just pretend your holding out to hold onto your nuts.
Only when she is ready to accept anything, then bring forth the 20X30, 10x10 walk in included, and move forward with a purpose and then block her out again. :mug:

ham shack, I said this is part of who I am. Then I took her to the airport and showed her my airplane. I told her this is part of who I am.

huh? like what someone who buys you a Barley crusher and 100#s of grain for Christmas. She isnt at all controlling but this was a first when she suggested that I build a brew hut. Without any prompting from me.

OK, don't relax yet, its a trap! :(
Fight it. Just pretend your holding out to hold onto your nuts.
Only when she is ready to accept anything, then bring forth the 20X30, 10x10 walk in included, and move forward with a purpose and then block her out again. :mug:

I usually do what I want like when I decided we needed a 24x40 garage for my other hobbies. She goes along with the flow never any push back. She has her own hobbies and ones we share like camping and motorcycles , she has her own Fatboy. This hobby is actually the only one she isn't overly involved in other than bringing a me a homebrew while I am brewing. and 20x20 is enough for me .... I still have the garage for storage

Jeez....there sure are some anti-wife folks on here!

My wife does have the final say on what I buy. She IS SheWhoMustBeObeyed. This is a good thing. I'd be broke and swimming in crap I'll never use if I didn't have a good check and balance system in place. She's my check and balance system, and we both know it.

I also have the final say on what SHE buys. I'm HER check and balance system.

Yes, she can't actually run your life, but you can't act as if you are sailing through life all alone with some type of faithful servant who will go along with whatever you say, whenever you say it!

Have fun springer! The hut sounds like it will rock! :rockin:

Must be difficult keeping a woman around when you ahve your own plane!! :rolleyes: :D

Jeez....there sure are some anti-wife folks on here!
She's my check and balance system, and we both know it.
I'm HER check and balance system.
Ditto. People get so uptight on here when you mention that SWMBO "allowed" something or anything else in that regards. It is a marriage. It's not asking permission like with your parents when you were a kid, it's a mutual respect of "Do you think we can afford this? Seeing as how we both contribute to our living expenses and income!

+1 IrregularPulse . This was something I was thinking about doing but hadn't said anything about it. So it wasn't like I was asking her permission to do it. We both work and have well paying jobs but we do decide jointly how the household money gets spent. The house is just about where we want it I just finished the backyard patio and fireplace. This basically came out of the blue ... I don't know the frozen 1 liter bottle hitting her bare foot may have had something to do with it :D

I am thinking something along these lines .. With a ventilation system to expel the water vapor. I can also use in the spring for maple syrup..

shed1.jpg

I would go with a slab with a foundation curb so water will be easier to deal with.

I would go with a slab with a foundation curb so water will be easier to deal with.

I would build it myself so it would on a slab that is insulated it will be a permanent structure . this is just the type I plan on doing it has to be appealing to the neighbors too as it will be seen from the road

I like the min garage door idea. Makes getting the brew structure easy to get in/and plus on nice days you can leave it open for fresh air.

So you'll have a shed, with an evaporation device "for the syrup" and cooling coils "for the beer". Convenient. :D (maybe the quotes will help)

-OCD

yup syrup another of my little hobbies she puts up with.... but don't ever try to do it on stove top unless you want all the wall paper to peal off the walls in the house

Gentlemen,
I am sorry if I offended anyone.
My original post was not meant to inflame or offend. It was meant to share
my own past experience.
As stated, my present wife is wonderful.
She is as Springer describes his wife.
We also work hard and if she wants something within our means, who am I to deny her?
She extends me the same consideration. shortyjacobs' "checks and balances" thing applies here.
I just bottled 29 bottles of wine for her, (she hates beer) and she has also been known to serve me a cold one long before I know I need it. So you see, we are quite normal.
Springer: good luck with the new building....
Joe

Your post prompted me to comment. Although no harm was meant, it looked like a good place to share my experience.....
From the posts following mine it appeared as if I should have stopped said comment long before it got to the keyboard, thus the apology.. I promise to keep my beer hole (pie hole?) shut regarding those matters....
Joe

I like that..."something small"...lol. we have been talking about adding another garage and want to go with that as well. Any ideas you get be sure to post them.

I like that..."something small"...lol. we have been talking about adding another garage and want to go with that as well. Any ideas you get be sure to post them.

I would use the garage I have but then I would have to get rid of the other toys and that isn't happening . I may change the 20 x 20 to something like 18 x 24 I don't like a box in the middle of the yard

I am wanting to build a hut some day and wsa already given a 20/~18 spot to use beside the shed. But I think i am just going to hold out for when we can afford a 2nd garage bay. Good luck on the build.

Back