Hard Lemonade Attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
Here's our attempt at Hard Lemonade. Not like Mike's there's no malt in it. We used lemon juice from concentrate, dextrose, and different frozen concentrates.

• 3 quarts of Schmuck's Cheap Lemon Juice from Concentrate
  • 5 12 oz sleeves of Old Orchard's Frozen Concentrate
    3 white grape, 1 apple raspberry, 1 pineapple
  • 10 cups of Dextrose
  • 3 gallons and 3 quarts of water
  • Montrachet Dried Wine Yeast

It's in primary right now, it's taking a bit of time to get going, I'll keep you guys updated.

thinking about doing a high gravity lemonade for the summertime......... how's this comming along?

Anyone else have any experience with lemonade?

As expected (of course) all of the fruit juice sugar and dextrose was fermented out... However it's not dry and needs to be sweetened. Our idea was actually to stick some of it in the freezer and use it as Frozen Drinks, maybe pour over ice. It's really tart without sweetness (lemons have no natural sugars so that's the flavor that got left)... It's not so bad as long as you give it about 2 tbsp per glass of lemonade...

OG was 1.059 after 1 week it is 1.002 (7.48%)

This was really more or less an experiment....

Yeah that's true however when you have to supply as many people as we do it's better to just sweeten things like Lemonade or Apfelwein after you give it to them... (Big Family)

I'll stick with my fresh-squeezed margaritas, thanky very much. Good luck, though.

Heyyyy...how about a "hard lemonade" that's margarita-fied? Lime juice instead of lemon, and add tequila to the secondary? Giddyup!

I've been reearching hard lemonaide for a while now (about a year) and have even talked to the guys at Mikes about the recipie . . . They wouldnt tellme much except if what I thought was right or not.

Mikes is basicly 2 row unhopped beer and a liquere (sp)added for the favor. I'm thining I may make a test batch with this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=22022&highlight=lemon

I'm gonna start the booze part tomarrow if I can find a jar big enuff

Back