Craft Brew Clip on CBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest fear is that if Homebrewing becomes too popular our friends in govnerment are going to find some way to tax us.. Forget the news stories I'd prefer to stay a niche.

I can't see any way for HB to be taxed. That would be like taxing homecooked food. There's no way to do it.

The ingredients are already taxed anyway.

Really, that's your BIGGEST fear?:rolleyes:

No tax on beer ingredients here in CA.

well i must agree, that is GOOD news.

i have noticed "good beer" becoming more and more available. and even in some of the most surprising places... :rockin:

I hope I am wrong, and maybe it isn't my biggest fear. Probably my biggest beer is wasting a batch due to bottle bombs :p

I realize after I posted the video was about craft brews and not home brewing, but regardless of that as homebrewing becomes more popular I could see people trying to find was to tax. I understand you say it is food, but it wouldn't take much for them to make a special classification for home brew stores.. Again I hope I am wrong.

Back