Anyone from Louisville, KY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
I'm in Louisville for the night. Looks like they have around three brewpubs. Anyone recommend one over the other?

i am not from louisville but i have tried the bbc brews. they r pretty good might want to check them out. also maybe the liquor barn by the airport and get Sheltowee Hop-A-Lot IPA

YES! I would suggest BBC. If you get a chance try the Jefferson Reserve Smoked Porter. They use the barrels from Woodford Reserve to ferment them in!

I know this is over a year old, but anyway...

YES! I would suggest BBC. If you get a chance try the Jefferson Reserve Smoked Porter. They use the barrels from Woodford Reserve to ferment them in!

Uh, don't they use Jefferson's Reserve barrels? I really like their Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout.

i am not from louisville but i have tried the bbc brews. they r pretty good might want to check them out. also maybe the liquor barn by the airport and get Sheltowee Hop-A-Lot IPA

I think the Hop-a-lot kinda sucks.

Obviously the OP has come and gone, but for anyone else interested... Cumberland Brews on Bardstown Road is good. New Albanian right across the river is great (Rich O's, awesome pizza). Sergios World Beers - over 1000 Beers is on Story Avenue and they obviously have a great selection.

New Albanian is the best brewery/brewpub in the area, but it can be a bit of a drive over there from some parts of town. BBC stuff is good on tap, not as great bottled. As of now, Cumberland also probably has better beers than BBC, but BBC just hired the head brewer from Dogfish Head, so I'm excited about what they'll have brewing soon.

Back