Kingston Ontario?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonrichie

Reaction score
Hey I am new to brewing and was just wondering if there were any homebrewers here from in or around kingston. it would be awesome to have someone local to discuss recipes and share homebrews with. maybe we could make a homebrew club of some sort too

have you tried any of the kits at lyons? itd be easier cuz im by the kingston center or would it be better to take the time to go to homecraft

Which kit were you thinking of? I have found that the festabrew kits make good beer and they are a easy way to get started. As for the canned extract kits... I have only made a couple of them (both coopers) and they turned out decent(I used LME instead of sugar). I don't think that Lyons carries LME or DME.(I could be wrong though)

when i was there they had a few didnt catch the brands but the LME was for 23l or 6 gal. i think id go wit DME so i can measure it for ne size batch i want

Hey, I'm currently going to Queen's. Just joined the forum but have been reading / brewing for a little while. Not much good in terms of LHBS in K-town. Mostly been ordering my stuff online.

yea i know lyons is very limited and homecrafts all the way past the cat center and the rest are all wine. i dont have a credit card so online is kinda out of the question. if i had start-up money id open my own store closer to downtown. dunno many people who do homebrew in k-town but I know a lot of people who would be interested in doing so.

Hi, I live close to the Kingston Centre, started brewing this year. Made 3 AG so far, dead guy ale clone is my favourite! If anybody is interested in sharing brews and/or yeast, let's meet!

First post in a long time just found this (via Google!)! The thread is a year old any Kingston peeps looking in on this ill check back.Cheers!

Hour.5 away... Belleville.. Yuck. Desolate for supplies. I can get a dusty Cooper's kit.

Can't believe even Kingston has a weak selection..

In Belleville you have freeman's they have some stuff like the festa kits, i picked up a set of the dogfish IPA glasses there i like them. Here home craft is the place, that's where most go (where i go) good guys happy there doing what they do.

We started a local brew-club a year ago called the "Kingston Area Brewers Of Beer" - KABOB. If you want to join, PM me or Richard.

Hey guys, I am headed out from the promised land of homebrew ( west coats Victoria BC)

I am moving out to the east end, have been doing AG BIAB for almost a year now. Had about 20 batches done. I do small 3 gallon batches to match my 3 gallon keg set-up. Would love to meet up with some local guys and share some ideas!

Cheers

Dave

I am in Bath, 20 min from Kingston. Just started all grain brewing. Just did my 4th batch. I am building a fully automated 10 gallon HERMS system. About halfway built. Would be interested in meeting up to discuss stuff.

hopefully this is still active for those in Belleville.... Specifically @Clone63 Ive got some grains and a very DIY all-grain setup. message me.... (if thats possible)

Back