How many ml?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, I am doing a stepped starter and I should have measured the amount of yeast in the vial before I started the process. Does anyone know the amount of slurry in a vial of WLP004? My starters have blown out the top of my flask which means I lost some yeast and I am afraid I can't trust my calculations. I have ended up with a little more than 200ml of slurry and I keep losing count around 250,000 when I try to count the little bas#$%&s. Thanks for your help.

Hello all, I am doing a stepped starter and I should have measured the amount of yeast in the vial before I started the process. Does anyone know the amount of slurry in a vial of WLP004? My starters have blown out the top of my flask which means I lost some yeast and I am afraid I can't trust my calculations. I have ended up with a little more than 200ml of slurry and I keep losing count around 250,000 when I try to count the little bas#$%&s. Thanks for your help.

There is 35mL of liquid in a White Labs vial. If by slurry you mean the volume of yeast pack that settles on the bottom of the vial after a few days, the volume varies considerably from strain to strain.

Back