Carbomb Stout coming along

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
Tried a second bottle from the Car Bomb Stout. Been bottled for about 2 weeks now. Still young... but better than last week. A little hot tasting. Got the wife to try a bit. She said its not horrible.

Added 2 pics. One from 1 week. Other from tonight. 2 weeks.

DSC02107.jpg

DSC02108.jpg

I will try to get my recipe up. It was my first attempt at brewing so there is quite a bit I would change. Definitely add some Malto to it... for being as dark as it is it has a very light feel on the palate.

I'm doing my first stout next week. Could you tell me how long it was in primary? Did you secondary?

A stout has a lot of dark malts and they take longer to mature than the lighter color ales. I made a robust porter a couple years back and was unhappy with how thin it was....and then one day it seemed to change to being much better, robust even. Your stout has even darker malts than my porter and it is pretty young yet. Tell me how it tastes in 2 months.

I'm doing my first stout next week. Could you tell me how long it was in primary? Did you secondary?

I like to keep my stouts in the primary fermenter for 3 to 4 weeks. There isn't much point in a secondary for a stout (or any beer actually, they clear in the primary just as quickly as secondary) because no matter how many times you rack them they are never going to be anything but black.

Back