The Great Fire - Homebrew and Food Pairing Photos/Video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhcp313

Reaction score
Two good buddys of mine operate a creative co-op/agency and one night after indulging in a sea of newly released Chicago beers, we started to discuss brewing a bunch of beer and having a party in their loft photography space.

We concentrated the idea around 4 flavor profiles within the theme of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, and paired 4 small plates with them.

I thought I'd share the recap with you all, which has a few photos, and a video documenting/highlighting the elements of the brewing process we used for each brew.

In short, the beers were:

The Barn: Belgian Farmhouse/Saison
The Cow: Sweet Milk Stout conditioned with Ugandan Vanilla Bean
The Smoke: Smoked Porter
The Fire: Habanero Infused Pale Ale

Cheers, all.

http://potluckcreative.com/projects/the-great-fire/

It was really a blast to be a part of. I was really proud of how the beers turned out as well, especially the habanero pale and the smoked porter. Both are techniques/elements I hadn't used before so test batching them for this event was a really great learning experience.

You need a beer representing anti-irish sentiments. Maybe everybody shouts something quasi-offensive and then takes a shot of whiskey. :)

Haha, you're right. They funny part is I feel like it could have gone way beyond 4 thematic flavor profiles if we started to dig. Irish styles, macro lagers, hell even trying my hand at distilling!

Back