What your beer says about you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would've expected from National Lampoon a category for those who brew their own. BTW, I've never heard of Coors (that isn't Extra Gold or Light).

gaelone said:
I would've expected from National Lampoon a category for those who brew their own. BTW, I've never heard of Coors (that isn't Extra Gold or Light).

Blasphemy.

Coors = Banquet beer.

I'm guessing you're from the Western area (i.e Colorado, New Mexico, etc.) b/c I had never seen Extra Gold until I spent a little time out there.

EDIT - and now that I look back at the post, I see I am wrong.

That's great! :D

Guinness for me, I guess. None of the others fit the bill. (Does it really taste coffee-like, though? I hate coffee with a vengeance, but I love stouts. Hm.)

dancingbarefoot said:
That's great! :D

Guinness for me, I guess. None of the others fit the bill. (Does it really taste coffee-like, though? I hate coffee with a vengeance, but I love stouts. Hm.)
for sure. that dry irish stout has always reminded me of coffee, roasty flavor. :D

sorry that poll doesnt work for me. i prefer newcastle over guinness, so in dont know what that makes me...

everything else is pretty true though for the people that i have met. :eek:

i like the guiness one...especially the part about 'you probably had a guiness is good for you poster in your dorm room in college'. is it bad that i had four versions of that poster in my dorm room?

i honestly cant stand guinness anymore. yes, i will give it credit for being a good beer, but i have drank it so much that its become..."old" to me :(

it isn't my first choice, if i have a choice! i prefer a Young's or a domestic stout.
a good beer, there's just better available.

i agree. it has become old to me as well. i remember when i was like 14 years old stealing my Dad's Guinness back when the widget was still attached to the bottom.

I was sneaking "Red, White, and Blue" from my buddy's dad, who kept them in anold fridge in the garage. Do they even make that swill anymore?

-walker

Me and my buddy used to lift beer from his father. Schmidt's Tiger Ale. I haven't seen that around in ages. I think it was out of Pennsylvania

2nd Street Brewery said:
Me and my buddy used to lift beer from his father. Schmidt's Tiger Ale. I haven't seen that around in ages. I think it was out of Pennsylvania

Schmidt's is/was out of Philly. I "grew up" on Schmidts, Schlitz', Ballantine, Piel's, Rolling Rock, Schaeffer, etc. when I lived in Philly.

Hefe Weizen since 1975! I often drink the local stuff when I'm on travel, but I try my best to stay away from the big 3-5 stuff. I think Icehouse is a good beer, as is Shiner's. Other than that if it's not homebrew it's an import. :D

Back