Help! Mold problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bschot

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I need some help as titled. Anyway I was transferring from primary to secondary and before I put the tube on for the transfer I took a sample of in my cylinder. And continued with the transfer, while waiting on the slow moving beer I began to admire the beer in the cylinder and noticed little green specks in there. Thought okay maybe I didn't clean the cylinder very well. So I began to inspect the carboy and saw a larger green speck floating around. I took another fresh sample for the cylinder and tasted it, it tasted fine. I think the mold came from the down spout on the valve if that's what it is. Anyway my question is did I just infect my beer, and if I did, is there anything I can do. My thought was to use Campden tablets to sterilize but keep the yeast intact, because I had heard that Campden will kill everything but brewer's yeast.

If that was not confusing at all, my problem can be summed up as this. One week old beer possibly infected with mold. Can I/do I need to dose with Campden.

Novel complete. Thanks for any help.

I hadn't thought of that, here's to hoping that's all it is. My only other thought is I've never seen the little green specks before. I'll be watching very closely. Is there anything I can do if it turns out to be mold.

But thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Back