Stainless steel brew stand/table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kungfoo36

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has built a single tier brew stand out of a stainless steel table similar to what is used comercially in restraunts.

http://www.restaurant-services.com/wtables.htm

My idea is to get a 60-72" stainless table

Cut out holes for the burners.

Reinforce the table top with angle as/if necesary.

The shelf below would allow for storage and the the flat surface would provide for easy clean up.

Seems like it would remove a lot of the contruction cost and time to build

The only thing I would be worried about is the thickness of the actual top. If it's thin then cutting into it would make it very flexible.. You're saying you want to reinforce it with angle; just make sure that it's stainless if you're welding. Otherwise you'll have to bolt everything in and that might cause annoyances.

If you do go this route make sure you post a build thread!:mug:

Do a search for Jaybird's brew rig. Its based on a stainless table with cut outs like you described.

Its really a pretty nice rig, very functional for sure.

I'd be concerned that the table is wood cored with a stainless sheet cover. If you mounted burners under it, bad stuff could happen... I think.

I hadn't thought of the table having a wood core. I bought a couple (for sample tables at my work) and they were all metal with channel on the bottom side of the table for support. They seem pretty rigid. I figured I could cut the legs down to get them to the right size (not sure if I want casters or not). Which ever way I go I want to do a detailed instructable. In the end I want an automatic 1 tier system, should be fun putting it together.

Link to Jaybird's rig:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/jaybird-brewery-38923/

Its a pretty clever set up, helped out using a similar stainless table from a restaurant supply house.

4595-000_0551.jpg

Back