Lovin my Oven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
I've only been cooking in it for a little over a week and it's all been pretty basic, but I'm really loving this kind of cooking.
OvenBuild281.jpg

OvenBuild287.jpg

OvenBuild292.jpg

OvenBuild296-1.jpg

OvenBuild297.jpg

OvenBuild298.jpg

The might be the greatest thing I've ever seen. How much did the materials run and how long did it take to build. Is this something a dude with some building skills could manage or do you need to be a skilled mason with special tools?

My fiancee's parents just built one of these from the same website. Took my to be father in law about 3 weeks to build. He isn't a mason, but does have good home repiar/building skills. From what he said, they pretty much lay everything you need out on the site. So far, we've made some awesome pizza in it.

Hmmm... just added another project to my list for when we buy a house down here. I have my eye on one house that has the perfect area for some year-round outdoor cooking (not that I didn't do some outdoor cooking in the snow back in NY...)

That is some really nice work and some good looking pizza!

It took me most of the summer to build, working a few hours at a time. I can't imagine doing it in three weeks but maybe I'm just slow. I've been around construction a long time but I've never laid a brick in my life, before this. The biggest expense, tool wise, would have been the 10" wet saw I used for cutting the bricks, but I was lucky enough to borrow one from a friend. Altogether it cost maybe a grand so far, but I bought everything new. You could save money by scrounging used materials, I guess.

Back