A Visual Aid Presenting American Beer Drinking by Volume

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they take into account the amount homebrewers make, seeing as that is more difficult to track. Anyways, an interesting article and I'm glad to say I'm doing my part in adding to the good statistics!

That last graphic...the top represents wheat and barley, and the bottom represents...malt? Malted...barley? Maybe they meant wheat and rye? Or oats?

I saw a different article lately that was done on a per-capita basis. Unfortunately US (and Canada!) were around 16th. We got some catching up to do with those Europeans!!!!

As Mark at GVB puts it: craft beer is a wave in the beer ocean, homebrewing is a drop of foam. It might seem different because most of the people I hang with brew, but in a town of 1800, I don't know of anyone else that homebrews. But there are a heck of a lot of beer drinkers. I've seen my 77 year-old neighbor (who weights about 120) knock off a suitcase of Hamm's light while splitting & stacking wood.

Back