What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Primary: Old Ale,
In Secondary: Foreign Extra Stout with Brett C and oak.
Carbonating: Sweet Stout
Aging: Scotch Ale and a case of Apple Jack.
To brew next week: a parti-gyle Scotch Ale and Scottish 80/-

In Primary: Pumpkin Ale
Secondary: Air
Carbonating: Honey Cream Ale
Brew in 2 weeks: Trappist Ale
Bottled: White House Honey Ale, Blonde Ale

Brewed up the Pumpkin Ale yesterday and it smelled and tasted wonderful. Put 2 cans of pumpkin in the mash and one can in the boil along with McCormicks Pumpkin Pie Spice at flame out along with Cascade hops. Can't wait for this one to be ready!

Double chocolate milk stout.

Mini mash brew using a Cooper's OS Stout kit for LME and bittering hops.
Grains include canadian 2 row, crystal 120 and chocolate malt.
Other stuff: 8oz unsweetened Baker's chocolate, 1lb lactose.

It was put down over 2 weeks ago and there is still a layer of "krausen" on it. It appears to be about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, light brown in color and has very "solid" look to it.

I don't know if this is normal when you use real chocolate (first time doing this). I hope it doesn't cause too much problems when I bottle this upcoming weekend. I'm guessing clean up is going to require a little more effort than usual.

Primary:
5 gal Belgian pale ale
5 gal Blonde ale
5 gal Mosiac IPA

Secondary:
5 gal American Barley wine
5 gal Czech pilsner

5 gallons version2 of Hopped & Confused pitched on fat tuesday.
6 gallons Pork Soda pitch on last saturday that was too cold to start reproducing. Finally fermenting since the wee hours today.
Now to wait on bottling days of 11 gallons of ale! :ban::ban::ban:

Started a Cab kit yesterday.

Primary:
  • Cabernet kit (5 gal, not 6)
  • JAOM 3-gal batch
  • Northern Brewer's Irish Red Ale (5 gal)
  • EdWort's Apfelwein (5 gal)

Secondary:
  • Fireside Barleywine (4 gal)
  • Raspberry Merlot (6 gal)

-Rich

10 gal Nugget Nectar Clone (80% vienna version)
5 gal Eisbock (1.013 OG!)

Just pitched the yeast this morning. . .

APA with 100% Brett Brux. Can't see much fermentation going on, but perhaps that's not unusual? (This is my first all Brett ferm.). It smells like Brett a little, which seems a good sign.

APA with 100% Brett Brux. Can't see much fermentation going on, but perhaps that's not unusual? (This is my first all Brett ferm.). It smells like Brett a little, which seems a good sign.

How much did you pitch?

I'm bottling two or three batches, lots of brew stuff cleaning, and weighing out grains for tomorrow's brew, round two of my 'Flanders' Red with WLP 665. Called the first batch Ned, this one is Todd, and if do a third with the same culture, Rod of course.

Right now I have a chocolate milk stout and a saison in the fermenters. I actually just put my saison out in the hot Florida heat to get it up around 80 for the next few days. Should be good!

photo.jpg

Thought it was going to be a red IPa but after looking at the low hop amount I did, guess its going to just be an amber/amber hybrid-which will be dryhopped with Anthum. Although I would like the different grains I used to come thruough in this rather than all hops.

5 gallons of Hopped & Confused v2 & 6 gallons black smoky lager past initial fermentation at this point. Next Tuesday & Saturday will be on week each,respectively. Cool temps since right before Fat Tuesday are working out pretty well for the WL029 yeast. :ban:

Argentia Ridge Chateau Private Selection Estate Chardonnay.

That's a pretty fancy name for a cheap-ass wine kit I picked up at CostCo.

I just put it on tonight. It's my first "table wine" kit (I've done a couple Orchard Breezin mist wines with decent results) so I decided to go with a cheaper one.

It was $70CDN for a double kit (basically the ingredients of two kit packaged in the same box - 2 bags of grape juice concentrate, 2 bags of oak chips, 2 packages of yeast, etc. etc.). At about $1.17CDN a bottle I'll be satasfied if the end result is merely drinkable, I'm not expecting miracles.

It was nice this weekend so I managed to get a few batches brewed:
24L of ESB
24L of Pale Ale
23L of Hard Apple Cider

Brewed last weekend:
24L of DIPA (A Humulus Ludicrous clone that I really hope works out)
24L of Nut Brown Ale

Ready to be kegged/bottled when I get a chance this week:
24L of Oktoberfest
24L of ESB

Aging in Secondary:
24L Russian Imperial Stout

1) 5gal Saison racked on 1 oz winesoaked (pinot noir) oak chips

2) 5 gal simcoe and saphir IPA

3) 5 gal Czech pilsner

4) bottled (ready tomorrow!) 5 gal Belgian HG Ale w coriander n orange peel

5) bottled blueberry wheat ale (oxidated bc of siphon trouble, so drinking it fast!)

Next up, amber lager? Maybe an Irish red?

Back