Hopped Malt extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compact007

Reaction score
Is hopped malt extract anygood, i finally upgraded to a 5 gallonkit with carboy and the store owner gave me a belgin wit kit with a hopped malt extract. i'm gonna make it but not sure what it will be like.

thanks again

Some are, some aren't. Does it use actual hops or bittering extract? If the instructions require more than a few minutes boiling, probably the latter.

My LBHS makes their own kits, some have pre-hopped extract, some dont. Ive made a few of the pre-hopped kits and they came out fine. The best thing about unhopped kits or recipes is you can use the same basic malts and grains, but change the hop schedule around and come up with flavors you might prefer to pre-hopped

TheJadedDog said:
They can be okay, but I would recommend stepping up to extract+steeping grains+hops for your next brew.

I got a pre-hopped malt kit when I bought my beer kit. Since you allready have it go ahead and make it. It will be good practice and will probably be pretty good beer, too.

Back