Reusing WLP410?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
I've got a wit that I'll be bottling this weekend, and I was wondering if you had any good suggestions on what I could just throw right on to the existing yeast cake that might be a bit different? Mine was a pretty straightforward wit beer.

Any ideas?

carnevoodoo said:
I've got a wit that I'll be bottling this weekend, and I was wondering if you had any good suggestions on what I could just throw right on to the existing yeast cake that might be a bit different? Mine was a pretty straightforward wit beer.

Any ideas?
If you like a mellow tasting but vey good beer, check out my Belgian BLonde recipe. Goes great on top of a wit yeast. If you are using BeerSmith or another program, you can convert to an extract version...otherwise let me know and I'll try and post it here.

carnevoodoo said:
I'm pretty smrt. :)

S M R T ...lol

Okay Homer...I get it.

Homer_Simpson.jpg

Here's my attempt at conversion with a calculator and a bit of a stretch of imagination:

3.00 Light Dry Malt Extract
2.75 Wheat Dry Malt Extract
0.50 American Crystal 10L
0.50 Flaked Wheat
0.50 Wheat Malt

yeast from previous batch (410)
1 oz. willamette hops @ 60 minutes

tastybrew.com says:

OG 1.053
FG 1.013
IBU 21
ABV 5.2 %
SRM 4

color:
pint-4.png

So pretty close to yours. I'm steeping the grains listed.

I changed it a little. I want a bit more alcohol and I'm going to use styrian goldings, so I'm going with a pound of honey in there and 1 oz at 60 minutes and 1/2 an ounce at 10 minutes. Looks like it fits right in the style of a Special Belgian.

So did you make the Belgian Blonde with WLP410 ? Any good.... I know all homebrew is "good" but...?

Back