When do you brew your Octoberfest/Marzen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc06

Reaction score
I finally have the ability to lager, and I am in the planning stages for my first lager the beginning of March. March is the infamous month when the wonderful Octberfest/Marzen is traditionally brewed. I was wondering how many people actually brew their Octoberfest/Marzen in March and waiting to drink it in March? And if you have enough will power, do you store your beer in a keg (cooled?) or bottled?

I usually brew in march or april. I store them in kegs because they usually don't last more than a day. I always have an oktoberfest party and my friends demolish my beer.

I brew in march (second time coming up) and drink it at Oktoberfest. I kept it keged 1/2 pressure off gas in my lagering fridge, as long as you got something else going it's easy to just leave it alone and forget about it. Well worth the work if you have the facilitys.

But, I will say mabey concider doing a shorter lager first, either a Vienna or a Marzen to drink right after a regular lagering phase. Make sure you got good product coming out before you dedicate half a year to waiting for it. My second brew ever was a Lager. Realy great beers to make.

Back