Muntons KreamyX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smurfe

I Pull It By Hand!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here use this? I have always force carbed in the keg. I have only bottled one batch before and used some Carb drops that were little white pills. I am going to bottle another batch (Blonde Ale) and decided to try the Muntons KreamyX. I am a bit confused about how much to use. It says on the package to just replace the corn sugar used with this product. I look at the ingredients and it says it is DME. Beersmith give different amounts to use between corn sugar and DME. I don't know if I ought to use the corn sugar amount or DME amount. Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

One other question. Why do you use a different amount of priming sugar to keg with as opposed to bottle with?

So they're selling DME as another name and (most likely) charging more for it? Sorry you got hosed. Use the DME amount not the corn sugar amount if it truly is just DME.

I just found it on Muntons website. I guess it is a combo of Sugar, DME, and a heading agent.

From the website:

KreamyX (Beer Kit Primer with Heading Powder)

Our KreamyX contains 200g of a blend of spray dried malt extract, dextrose and heading agent which is simply added in place of priming sugar to any beer kit.

The dextrose contains simple sugars which will encourage the rapid priming fermentation ensuring little opportunity for any contamination at the priming stage. The spray malt portion and heading agent of the KreamyX will improve head formation and head retention, overall flavour and increase the resultant body of the beer, making your beer more like the commercial equivalent.

Muntons Beer Kit Enhancer is simple to use. Just follow the instructions provided on your beer kit substituting KreamyX where sugar is used at the priming stage.

Try the new KreamyX and you will be amazed at the improvement in your final beer.

It works very well actually. I've used only DME and only Dextrose, and did not get the same results. However thise batches were all extract, so PM or AG may have varying results. Also the instructions say the package will carb 5 Imperial Gallons, so about 6 us gallons, just FYI.

Edit: I used the amount stated for priming sugar (dextrose).

That is what I did. If I remember it is six ounces per packet. I just weight it and used the same amount as figured for dextrose and the carb came out as I expected. This was in bottles, I honestly can not advise on the differances for a keg.

Thanks Whiskey, I will follow you path. My LHBS comped me this stuff to try. He had never used it either as he kegs everything as well. He just wanted a report back on it to see if it was worth selling or not. We will see. Once again, thanks for the input.

Thread necropoly - I'm planning to use this for a few beers that I plan to not put on C02. English Ales.

Its like a poor mans nitro.

Back